Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:36:40 AM

Author Topic: Some points  (Read 3982 times)

Some points
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:21:04 AM »
Hi,
by playing around I found that the  "User Gcode" and the "Custom Code" is also displayed in the toolpath window. ( what is nice)  Didn't know that before.
If you type things there what not match the syntax then the Toolpath dissapears. ( pulled some hair off because I didn't know that ) it should be mentioned anywhere.

When you type in more then  three lines of code in  "Custom Code" the OK Button dissapears when opening next time.

The corner radius is not correct in " Rectangle" ( it is double size)

Ver. 1.011

Alex
Re: Some points
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:52:07 AM »
Yes, the custom gcode will be displayed in the toolpath window. But if the custom code has errors then the entire toolpath display is blank. Brian has just given me a way to display an error message from the toolpath so in the next version we will have a message when this happens.

I will test the OK button problem and the radius in rectangle (I hope this is not true, we have tested it since the first version) in the next couple days and fix as needed.

thanks for posting job files, this help a lot in testing.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Hi Ron,
it looks like the radius and width in " Slot " feature is also double size.

Alex
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:47:30 PM »
I do not see a problem in the llink.job.

It uses a 10mm dia tool. The circle pocket is 40 mm dia, and the gcode makes its last circle at 15mm radius. That will make the outside edge 40mm as requested.

The link parallel cuts are at Y=+15 and Y=-15. With a tool of 10 mm dia following that line the width left will be 10mm.

Have you actually cut a part and measured it?
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:48 AM »
Hi Ron,

what you say is correct ( of course ) . But it looks different here.
It is not double size it is 50% oversized.
Ah ok I just see the cutter comp is on the wrong side.
Its milling two islands with a link when I assume that, then its correct.
Is there any setting to change this to inside?

Alex
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:31:08 AM »
Sorry, no setting for inside. The link is meant to be like a connecting rod for an engine. I dont see a use for cutting inside one.

Funny, Brian bugs me all the time about link- he thinks no one would use it except a hobby model maker. I like it, and want to add the ability to have the straight lines be tangent to the two circles.