Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:02:40 AM

Author Topic: How to convert Boxford VMC to Mach3  (Read 13478 times)

How to convert Boxford VMC to Mach3
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:48:50 PM »
Hello,
Could anyone in UK advise me what I need to do to convert my 190VMC for Mach3 software please?

Angel tech, I think you are the "Expert" aren't you, could you help please?

Thanks
Mike Goode
Re: How to convert Boxford VMC to Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
Hi Mike, I've done a few, they're pretty easy.

Does yours have limit switches ?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 05:52:49 AM »
Hello, Thanks for the response, I thought you were the man I needed because I'd seen your name a lot around the forum.
I am only aware of door switches and end of travel axis switches. There is no auto tool change or anything fancy.
I have a copy of the Boxford software, but I guess it is short of some security files because I can't get it to talk to the machine.
I have therefore only ever used the machine on Manual.

Rgds
Mike
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »
Ps.  I have 2 other desktop m/c's with contollers, if you know anything about using those to run my Boxford it might save me some money.
One is an Italian, Venture VPE50 "Venice", 3+1 axis engraver, which uses their own Navigator Pro control software.
The other is German. An Isel CPM 2018 3+1 axis m/c, and I use the Kay part on Galaad software as the controller.

(I am retired from Education, and got these machines cheap as they became obsolete. I just use them for modelling and some jewellery models. I use JewelCad for the 3D CAD).

Rgds Mike
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
Hello,
Could anyone in UK advise me what I need to do to convert my 190VMC for Mach3 software please?

Angel tech, I think you are the "Expert" aren't you, could you help please?

Thanks
Mike Goode
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »
sorry Mike I thought i'd responded to your post. The 190 is a pretty cheap conversion.
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »
Hello, Yes you did thanks, but I didn't here anymore from you, and did not know what to do next, (or if I was actually using the website properly, because I'm a new at this).

Do you supply diagrammes or parts etc, if so could you let me have details please?

Rgds
Mike
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »
it would be a lot easier to have a chst about this rather than run through, i'll pm you my number.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 05:20:18 AM »
Hi all,

I have the same machine but with auto tool change. I have the software, but I'm conscious that I may have to follow you Mike and convert to mach3. I have been looking at using an Ethernet smoothstepper. Has anyone any experience of these? I have emailed supplier, they look easy to install. How did your conversion go?  What board did you use in the end?

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »
Hello,
After some research I decided to stay closer to home and used a "USBCNC" controller, which is produced in Holland, and has UK distributor. The controller inccludes its own free software to do the same job as Mach3, and it also uses USB connection instead of parallel port.
I am not too conversant with electronics, and needed a lot of help from the supplier, which was excellent by e-mail.
You can download the software and try it in "demo" mode, and also the user manual.

It works fine.

Rgds
Mike