Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:58:34 AM

Author Topic: PCI Parallel card NetMos added not reconized...  (Read 14104 times)

PCI Parallel card NetMos added not reconized...
« on: February 19, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »
Hi !
I added a pci card to get 2 more parallel ports and drive more switches.. I bought a netmos and added it in the pc.. it is reconized by xp as lpt2/lpt3...
When I configure it in mach3, I don't see anything... I checked "use 2nd port", changes and tried all the possible adresses and nothing happens...
I used the little application "port finder" and it sees the 3 ports with the right adresses : 378,278, 3BC..
I don't know what to do now...
Any Idea ?

I must say that I downloaded ComTools to tes the ports... Lpt1 is tested correctly... but LPT2 and LPT3 not... they are PNP in the system config...
Does anyone knows something about adding Netmos card ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 05:16:04 PM by fredhead »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: PCI Parallel card NetMos added not reconized...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 05:42:48 PM »
Fred, I had similar trouble as well, a good friend helped me work it out. I will try to forward the favor on. I have sent you a PM.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 09:26:20 PM »
Hi,

I have researched this NetMos parallel port card at some length. Practically all of these add-on cards use the NetMos97xx/98xx chip. I believe any XP system using Parallel port card with a NetMos chip with the numbers 9705, 9715, 9725, 9805, 9815, 9825 will work with the drivers I have attached. Only the The WinXP files have been attached in zipped form.

Various problems can arise if you do not explicitly control which drivers are loaded for these cards. I find the default Windows drivers are prone to problems.

The principle trick or step is to manually select the driver to be used in installing said drivers. First, download and place the driver files ion a known location. I have found two current versions of the drivers: Standard and Special. I use the Special only because I have fewer problems with it.

Next, I recommend going to the Device manager, remove (select and delete) the MultiFunction NetMos 98xx adapter and the two Parallel Ports (these will probably dissappear when the adapter is removed), then reboot.
The system should detect the Adapter and the ports.
Reject using Windows Update (No Not THis Time).
The system will prompt for drivers asking if you want it to Install Automatically or specifiy the location.
Select Specify Location (Advanced), Click Next and Accept the Search (default) but uncheck Search removeable media and Check "Include THis Location in the Search"
Click Browse and Navigate to where you placed the unzipped file folders (again, I recommend the Special, but that is your choice--both are contained in the zip file). Once the location is selected click OK. Then click Next and follow the prompts. For a two port card you will be promted at least three times for drivers. Navigate to the same location each time.

I hope this will be of help.

David

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 09:39:42 PM »
Well put David.

Everybody, let us know how this works for you, good or bad. I wolud love to nail this down to a firm way of doing it.

Brett

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 04:52:37 AM »
Hi Everybody,
Thanks a lot...
The pc involved is not connected to the internet.. it has only mach3 running on it...
I found something interresting : lpt1 is working fine.. that's the lpt port wich is on the mainboard.. address/ressources are set to 378... the second port on device manager has the address Netmos  (I/O=D400).. what is the correct hexa value for this D400 ?
thanks

Fred
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 08:43:16 AM »
for more precision, here are the screen shots of what windows gives about ressources used by lpt ports on my machine :

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »
It looks like the address for that port is indeed D400.

Brett

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »
yes... I agree.. it seems that D400 is the address of the port...
But when I try to use it, nothing happens... and worse, the usb mouse is working before launching mach3 but as soon as mach3 is launched, the mouse dissapears and does not work anymore..
what's up ?

docltf

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »
fred
you might want to try this,it takes some extra reboots not restart.this works for me  when i change something and
and it has trouble hooking up.do your install like you are suppose to,reboot then check you device menu and see that
everything looks good.make sure there are no ????? that you do not know about.when it looks good,the you go down the
list and start removing -com-lpt-usb-mouse-keyboard all at the same time.shut down wait reboot.this lets windows put
everything where it wants it,do not take out one lpt take em all.

bill
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 12:55:01 PM »
thanks Bill.. I tried but the problem was not solved...
Then I bought another // card and this one works well...
It has something to do with the chipset I think...
thank you to all of them...