Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:25:02 AM

Author Topic: Initial Setup questions  (Read 2902 times)

Initial Setup questions
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »
Hi all,
I just unpacked and setup my Microproto mill with Mach 3.  It seems to be working pretty well.  However, I have two questions:
1.  while I was playing around (familiarization tour) with Mach, I changed the kernel speed (in port setup & axis selection) from the default 35000 to both 25000 and 45000.
It appears to me that the mill xy travel is faster at 25000 and slowest at 45000.  This was opposite of what I expected.  Comment?
2.  When jogging, I can step job nicely, even as I change the step rate, but when i switch to continuous jog, neither the hot keys nor the mouse push buttons work on any axis.
Clearly the second issue is of more concern.  Any help opr insights would be appreciated.

vr/ rik 
ps this is my first time posting anything, so I am not sure if this is going to the correct place.
vr/Rik

Hood

Re: Initial Setup questions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 01:18:36 PM »
Make sure the slow jog rate is not set to 0%
 You really need to retune your motors if you increase the kernel speed as it should allow you more speed, that is if your motors can handle it. Before you mess around with the tuning etc it is a good idea to look in the Mach3 folder and copy the xml file for the profile you are using, might be standard Mach3Mill.xml but could be named MicroPortoMill for example. Anyway if you save the xml in a different location and in the event of you screwing up a setting you can just paste it back into the Mach3 folder and you will be back to where you were.
Hood