Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:41:16 AM

Author Topic: Input signals not registering on limit LEDs  (Read 3092 times)

Input signals not registering on limit LEDs
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »
I have been doing some re-wiring and although I have had my engraving machine working fine before, I cannot get the input signals to have any effect on the limit LEDs in Mach3.  At the input to the parallel port (pin 10) as an example the signal varies between 0v and 5v as before.  Using Perfmon, the led representing pin 10 changes green to red, even in Mach3 diagnostics the "Port 1 pins current state" the seventh LED from the left changes from dark green to light green, so I cannot be too far off.  But for some reason the M1 limit and home keys do not react even though I have the Ports and Pins configuration set up.  Any thoughts?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Input signals not registering on limit LEDs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 06:50:53 AM »
Should be fine but if you attach your xml I will double check that you have Mach configred correctly for them.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 07:01:13 AM »
Thank you for your response.  It made me look again at my pin settings and spotted that enable was NOT.  Nothing like discussing it with somebody else to help to see the obvious.

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »
Hi all
I'm converting an old Farley Wizard to Mach3 and run into some issues and need help.
I have the 2 axis motors working fine (actually excellent after some motor tuning)
My problem are the input signals for the limit and home switches
In axis X, limit (-) and home are connected to pin 12 and the (+) switch is connected to pin 11 and set up exactly the same way on the ports and pins window (red cross on the low setting) but...
X- and Home work fine but the X+ doesn't work at all
Same applies to the Y axis but there only the Y+ works.
I'm using Mach3 version 067 with license
All limit/home switches are NC
2 Stepper driver (2M982) set up to 1000 steps and 5Amps output (running sweet)
Motor are rated at 1205 oz at 5Amps
The breakout board is opto isolated and all signal are working fine (closed -5V, open 0V.
The funny thing is that I get problems on a different pin every time I reboot the computer
Will post .xml file tomorrow.

Please help
Ric

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:41:00 PM by rs232 »

Offline rs232

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
Problem sorted.
The issue with this breakout is that input for pins 11/12/13 are connected in series of 3.
3 limit/home switches are connected through 3 opto couplers to one pin in the LPT port.
For some reason if I connect just 1 switch it just doesn't work although the voltage on the pin changes from 5V to 0V when the switch is pressed.
Just added a jumper to connect to the second input and problem solved.
( learn something new every day )

Ric