Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:54:42 PM

Author Topic: Ethernet Smoother Stepper can't get motor movement  (Read 16867 times)

Offline Alax7

•  15 15
    • View Profile
Re: Ethernet Smoother Stepper can't get motor movement
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
I get communications through, my emergency LED under diagnostics lights up when I press and release my estop.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 03:03:18 AM »
Do you definitely have the power enable to the BOB connected?
Are you definitely connected to Port 1 on the ESS?
Also can you answer the question I asked before, what does the Frequency say on Diagnostics page?

Hood

Offline Alax7

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »
Yes, connected to port 1 on the ESS, port on the top left corner that has 1 on the bottom side of the board.
I have a jumper cable from the +5v power source over the EN pin.

There is no value for frequency, it just says external. I attached a snap shot of the diagnostics screen.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 04:00:24 PM »
Ok thats all as it should be so unsure what could be wrong other than possibly some wiring issue.
If you have a scope you could check to see if the ESS is outputting pulses from the pins you have set for your motors.
I dont have an ESS here so I dont think I can view your ESS config but if you look in the config make sure it is set to step/dir rather than quadrature.
Hood

Offline Alax7

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 10:23:24 PM »
Thank you for everyone's help. 2 days after the last post I got movement!!!
The issue was smaller than I thought, just had to find it. The  issue turned out to be a wiring mix up. I followed the wiring diagram exactly as it was shown on the website, but the problem was the diagram was wrong or outdated for the current boards. The common signal on the board went into the + signal on the driver, but on the diagram it had the board as + going into +, which my board was not set up as. Once I flipped the wires, I got movement. I was so excited to finally get movement after a week or so of trying to figure it out that I have been using it almost non stop since. CNC is a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what else I can make.

Thanks guys.