Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 11:53:27 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 - PoKeys56U Latching Switch  (Read 8654 times)

Mach3 - PoKeys56U Latching Switch
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:39:57 AM »
Hello Community,

I've seen different methods to use PoKeys with Mach3.
I think the old plugin isn't able to interact directly with the OEM Buttons and brains are used.

The new plugin now interacts with the OEM Buttons.

I want to make my own panel and didn't found an option to use a latching switches. for example the "Jog Mode On/Off".
I also want to use a key switch to deactivate all the inputs (for security). Do I need to use brain for that?

I'm using the new Mach3 Plugin from the Polabs site (7.5.2013) and the Mach3 R3.043.066

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Mach3 - PoKeys56U Latching Switch
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 04:51:21 AM »
Hi, dajuels

For latched operations (Jog On/Off in your case) you can use input to OEM LED mapping (instead of button mapping). This should make the Jog Mode on/off OEM LED directly reflect the switch state.
For deactivating all switches at once -> wire a key switch between PoKeys GND and the return wire of the switches (usually switches are wired between PoKeys pin and PoKeys GND). This will make the switches float when the key switch is disabled. Also, wire a 1k resistor between the switches GND and PoKeys +3.3V power supply.
So:
- instead of wiring the inputs between the PoKeys pin and PoKeys GND, wire all switches between PoKeys pin and new 'switches GND' point.
- wire a 1k resistor between the switches GND and PoKeys +3.3V
- wire a key switch between PoKeys GND and switches GND

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:29:39 AM »
Hi Matevž,

Thanks for the fast support  :)

Map the switch to the OEM LED? that works? didn't know that ;).
And I can still use the OEM LED as a output to a real LED? I Need to check that...
Well, I could also use the switch to directly change the LED state, but then it's not the "mach3 state".

I also thought about using a switch between GND to disable all the inputs, but this would not work for a matrix keypad,
except i have a Key switch which has the same poles than the matrix keypad rows... But that would be a big switch  :P

BR,
Julian
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
Just tried it... no success...

First I set a output led to verify it's the correct LED setting -> LED 83: Jogging Enabled LED -> was working when changing the state in mach3...
Then I set up an Input with 1k to GND (checked in PoKeys IO status if it's working) -> LED 83 | Button none | IO none...

I also disabled the output in case they are working not together... Also tried to restart mach3...
It doesn't change the state in mach3 when I change the switch state...

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 01:50:11 AM »
I will be away from my machine till Monday - I will look at this then.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 04:27:47 AM »
You have to do it now! Immidiately! No, just kidding...  >:D

Take your time  ;D
And again: Thanks for your support  :D

Julian

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 02:02:54 AM »
Hi, Julian

I looked at the plugin (input to OEM LED mapping) and it should work. However, the machine wasn't ready and I couldn't test this jogging LED function. I will do my best to test it as soon as possible.

Regards,
Matevž
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 04:15:06 AM »
Hi Matevž,

Have you already found some time to test the latching switch function?

BR, Julian