Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:05:02 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516250 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »
HI every one
I would like to know if Mach3 will support turning on a 3 axis router,
Using a forth axis as a rotating head
I would mount stock between centers just like on an lathe and then use router to shape stock or flute round columns, or turn a spiral leg or whatever, Just like you were using an ornamental mill
Thanks Rusty
« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »
Hi All,
My name is Richard and live in Ontario, Canada, I am mechanical designer with 21 years experience, I have one mini-mill and one mini-lathe, and will convert them into CNC machine, that is why I come to this site to exchange ideas with friends, I am very eager to become active member!

Richard
« Reply #482 on: January 31, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »
Hi guys......this is Brian from the Taig Owners Club

Wanted to pop in and say Hi and Thank You to Artsoft for Sponsering the Free Mach 3 License Drawing,

Thanks Again
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 02:13:17 AM by Toc Brian »
« Reply #483 on: February 01, 2009, 12:05:04 PM »
Hi, I'm Dale from Michigan. I've been intrigued and following this web site for quite some time. I just retired from GM and now I should have enough time to upgrade some old CNC equipment and who knows, I might need it for another source of income. My stuff is old (mid 80's) but it's just for fun. Equipment in Michigan is cheap so it's not hard to have decent stuff. It fascinates me what you guys are doing. Have fun and I'm sure I'll learn a whole lot more.
« Reply #484 on: February 01, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »
HI Chad

Name is Dan built my first lathe setup have some questions

z axis is inline with the chuck is it a pos or neg going toward chu
ck x axis tool moving in pos or neg

Thanks Dan
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2009, 08:43:11 PM »
Hello All, 
    Well I have about 2 years CNC VMC experience (at work) and have become trigued with idea of a home cnc mill or lathe, I have a HF x2 mill and 9x20 lathe. I have seen over the years many on various forums convert their small and large home machines to cnc and I have to admit I was rather jealous cuz I really didn't think I had the electro techno skill for steppers and stuff.  I was checking some homeshop vids on youtube by various cnc conversions and got the bug, gotta try it.......  Hoss machine inspired me and I bought a 4 stepper kit and after 10 or so emails with Hoss himself, I had 4 steppers moving on my pc table with mach3 demo .... some kool stuff !!!  Now I just have to save some money for the next step, and hopefully there is a host of info on programing Mach3 properly here so I don't damage anything....    oh, and thank you to the people that made the videos at Artsoft, that is some very helpful info to newbies so we don't bother too many people with common setup parameters and problems !!!       best regards     Eric   
« Reply #486 on: February 03, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »
Hey Guys
I am very new to this- I am planning to set up a plasma cutter table using Mach3

So far I have been just trying to figure out a few problems with it translating G code that is generated from CamBam.... On one computer, it tranlates  perfectly but on the computer I am going to use for the machine it won't translate- the error saying "radius at end of arc differs to radius at start" appears.

Have any of you guys encountered this before and if so, what's the fix???

Cheers Rob

« Reply #487 on: February 05, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
Hi.
 :)
My name is Jens. I am from denmark. I am a guitarbuilder, and use CNC (Step-four) to many things in the workshop. But now I building on a new Mill, and have buy a mach 3, and servo motors, and hope to get a more reliable/safety and faster/stronger machine.

On my web you can see the guitars I build, and the process.

www.jens-h.dk
« Reply #488 on: February 07, 2009, 11:39:18 PM »
Hi, this is Frank from Victoria, BC, Canada.

Finished my first cnc router build last week and so far its been working ok, however I did encounter a problem today.

First my system:  

3 axis cnc router controlled with the hobby cnc kit (not the pro) with 305oz motors, the controller is plugged into a smoothstepper which is plugged into a aspire one netbook, running Mach 3 and CamBam.

I made a stab a hooking up the limit switches.  Watched the video, hooked it up the safe way (grounded).  The switches work with a slight delay (smoothstepper config?), but also the lights sometimes flicker on then off randomly (this is without any pules going to the motors and the router off).  Anyway, set the ports and pins so the leds come on when the switches are pressed, set the home/limits of my machine (soft min 0,0,-8, soft max 38.25 x 24.25 x 0), set it to home in the neg for x and y and auto zero.  Hit the ref all button and the dro changed but the motors didn't move? checked motors by jogging, motors do move.  Also the display mode button does not toggle between the work view and table view.

Feel free to move this if you have to.

Frank
« Reply #489 on: February 08, 2009, 02:14:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin and I work in a plexi fabrication shop and we have just purchased a 5' X 10' table and router CNC machine.  We are just learning how to use it as none of us have ever used one before.  So far we are picking things up fairly well but we have lots of questions and have been doing a lot of head scratching over some of the things that have been happening. ???

Can someone point me to a board that has pertinent information for our type of work.  We are using Mach3 with Lazy Cam and our CADD program is Punch! ViaCAD 2D.  If I can read through some troubleshooting then I will start posting some specific questions if I haven't already found the answers.

Look forward to contributions.
Thanks
Kevin