Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:42:39 PM

Author Topic: Mach License  (Read 6767 times)

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Mach License
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:36:59 AM »
gpdc here again (w/another newbie question)....
    The machine we sent out of here last week (pic's posted) came to us with its' own Mach license...we just added some periphials,tuning, mechanical integration & other stuff for "productionization"(much,much easier said than done, as I found out, but a ball doing)....and now I'm far enough along on my own machine (another 3 axis gantry type) to where I'll need to load & run much larger programs, w/o size limitations, so I can now puchase my own copy Mach.....so....what I'm concerned with (Bill Gates has caused me enough wasted time in the past to where I'll ask (probably dumb) questions like this, will I have any problems or other concerns running my simple little testy gcode programs that I developed in the last month or so along with this new license?.....what is the process by which I introduce this new license to my resident Mach trial version (in this computer, but soon to go into the CNCs' CPU)...do I need to uninstall all & reinstall to prevent problems.....I just don't wanna start having mysterious operational problems caused by a front end problem like that...I'm thinking that most of you guys have been thru this & might have a thought or two.....thanks for any/all input!...... gpdc

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach License
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:23:55 AM »
Just buy the license and copy it for a back up. Then drag it to your Mach 3 folder. Nothing should change. I would back up my xml, screen set and grabber profile if you have any that are not default. Should'nt need to but better safe than sorry.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
I like to do a backup of the entire Mach 3 folder when I do a backup.
Not really needed, but it is easy. The license is just a file that comes in an email. You just copy it to your Mach 3 folder and the next time you boot up, it should find the license and release the strangle hold on the Gcode. You could then click on help/about Mach to see your copy is licensed to you.
I don't think it could be any easier and non intrusive to the program itself.
Sometimes you have to uninstall Mach 3 and the uninstall leaves the license in place. Then when you reinstall Mach 3 to the same folder it was in, Mach will automatically find the license.
Lee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
I got my Mach 3 from Viper Plasma they stated that they are giving me a licensed copy.
Well I don't know if they did because it came loaded on the computer and it has DEMO on the top of the page and it will cut, but it will only go to 500 lines. How do I know if I have a licensed MACH 3?
Can someone please help with the problem. Oh ya I'm not computer savvy.

scottn

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »
I got my Mach 3 from Viper Plasma they stated that they are giving me a licensed copy.

Viper sends out the machines with no licenses installed on them.  According to Viper, the instructions in the manual (particularly on page 14) and also the packing slip tell you to contact them at a particular email address when you are ready for them...

Well I don't know if they did because it came loaded on the computer and it has DEMO on the top of the page and it will cut, but it will only go to 500 lines. How do I know if I have a licensed MACH 3?

I am going to assume that you have not contacted them for either your Mach3 or SheetCam licenses, so you are definitely running Mach3 in Demo mode.  They send the computers with no licenses for Sheetcam or Mach3 on them because the computers are pre-configured and boxed up for shipment - they grab and go when they get an order, they have no idea who is going to own it when they box it up...

TL;DR:

Contact Viper as instructed in the manual, they will get you taken care of...

Thanks,

scott
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
Well i have contacted them and i DO have the license for sheet cam via email and they just say to go there web site but it does not have how to get a MACH3 license.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 08:03:04 AM »
Beer,

For the Mach3 license go here http://www.machsupport.com/purchase.php

Tweakie.
PEACE