Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:58:30 AM

Author Topic: Basic input function  (Read 9504 times)

Re: Basic input function
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 08:42:50 AM »
One more problem. I got the panel working fine on my desk machine, so I tried to move it to my shop XP machine. I had some trouble finding the correct xml, but I think I have it now. I have the plugin enabled. the config screen shows all the pins I have setup. But none of them actually work.

If I run the pokeys application the test screen shows all the inputs change as expected.

Any suggestions?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
1. Check that communication with PoKeys device is established.
2. Open Status IO tab and check that inputs are being refreshed correctly
3. For moving the configuration from machine to machine, either copy PoKeys plugin config file (see http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,26559.0.html) or use Export/Import functionality in the plugin.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
This is a pokey55 and the config screen does not have a Status IO tab. If I use the Pokey55 program it does show the signals changing.

Under Mach when I open the config menu the pins show up as I expect, but the Apply button never enables. If I make a change in the pins it still does not enable.

I think I do not have real communication to the device. I have tried add and remove from the Plugins Config with no change.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
i believe I do not have the correct plugin for mach. This is an old pokey55- ser no 10804. If I load the 56u files I can communicate with the device via the pokey ap. I have cleared the config and re-loaded with an import. Using the pokeys ap everything seems normal, but I cannot get it to work under mach.
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
Just tested latest Plugin Mach3 Ver .062 Pokeys55 ser no 10299. Win7 OS , Pokeys Firmware  2.1.23 Pokeys Software V 3.1.9b

Everything works fine except for pins 35,36,37 (PoExtBus) can not be disabled.
As I mentioned before for unused Pins Set everything to " none "  the funktion is not diabled otherwise. eg.

PIN        Function           LED          Button         IO

1           not used          none           none         none         ====>    disabled

1           not used          none      307 jogX++    none         ====>    not  disabled !!!!!   ( just found the axis starts running in this case )

Browse through all pins and check.

attached the latest Plugin for Pokeys55

Alex

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:08:02 AM by NeoTO »

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 12:07:46 AM »
The latest "official" plugin is installed by the PoKeys software and is available only through poscope.com homepage. If you have Mach3 installed in C:\Mach3\, the plugin get automatically copied there. I removed your attachment as it contained an old version.
Moreover, the latest version of Mach3 (.066) has to be installed in order for the plugin to function correctly.
PoKeys plugin supports all PoKeys devices - including PoKeys55.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
Ok, that did it. Latest versions of mach and pokeys, my panel works fine now.

Thanks for all the help.