Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:53:35 AM

Author Topic: Turret tool changer problems  (Read 2193 times)

Turret tool changer problems
« on: May 26, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
Hi peeps

I have added another tool post just below the 8 tool turret on my boxford 240 .
The turret has been working fine, but when I select tool 10 which is on the additional tool post it still turns the turret, but when I select tool 9 it doesn't . Any ideas please,

Cheers
Re: Turret tool changer problems
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »

numtools = 99                                              'The number of valid tools
newtool = GetSelectedTool( )                                         'read the new requested tool

currenttool = GetOEMDRO(1000)                                     'user DRO 1000 is used to store the current tool. In this line assign whatever is in this DRO to the variable
While(currenttool< 1 Or currenttool > numtools)                'Check that currenttool contains a legal tool number.
currenttool = question("Please enter the current tool")       ' If not ask to enter the current tool in position.
Wend
SetOEMDRO 1000,newtool                                               ' Set user DRO 1000 to the new tool number

dist = (newtool Mod 8 ) - (currenttool Mod 8 )                    ' the number of turret positions to move to the requested tool.

If (dist < 0) Then                                                            'Check if rollover needed
dist = 8 - Abs(dist)
End If

Code " G91 G0 A" & dist                                                  ' Move to the new turret position.
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code " G91 G0 A" & (-1/5)                                           ' Reverse move to lock - set to 1/5th of one position and can be changed
While IsMoving()
Wend

Code "G90"                                                                  ' Set back to absolute mode.   

SetCurrentTool(newtool)

This is the macro I am using, which was done by a very kind member on here Dan13