Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:28:59 AM

Author Topic: Motors not following properly after XP re-install  (Read 2358 times)

Motors not following properly after XP re-install
« on: October 10, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Hi guys,

I've had to re-install XP and Mach3. Before the crash, everything worked fine but now after configuring everything, pressing the left and right direction keys sets the mill in motion in the same direction (so both X++) and pressing the X-axis keys causes the mill to move in one and the same direction along the Y-axis. I've checked all the hotkey-settings, motor output settings, pinouts etc. which is basically all standard. What am I missing here?

Thnx in advance for your input!

Cheers,
Rene

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motors not following properly after XP re-install
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:22:23 AM »
Sounds like either you have a the wrong pins set for Dir or you have forgotten to set the port for the Dir.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »
The pinout is default and worked before. The port for dir. is 1, also set default. I'll try different settings, see what happens...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »
If you attach your xml I will look to see if there is a problem with it.
The only other things it could be is a fault with the port or hardware in that the direction signals are not being output.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:08:27 AM »
 ;D figured it out, of course the pinout on my table wasn't default at all. I feel like an idiot (but one with a functioning cnc...) Thnx for your trouble Hood!