Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:25:27 AM

Author Topic: Bridgeport Torq Cut  (Read 2614 times)

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Bridgeport Torq Cut
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:19:44 PM »
Hello
i am bidding on an upgrade for a bridgeport torq cut mill and am planning to use the csmio controller i have done several machines with this controller and have been very happy with it. now the base operation and wiring or rewiring i have a handle on and minor programing i do ok however i am worried about the tool changer. i have programmed a tool changer on a bostomatic successfully. the bostomatic tool changer i set up as an axis and wrote the code accordingly. my problem is the torq cut tool changer doesn't work as an axis it rotates by a cog and keeps track of where it is by a proximity sw  i don't know how to program this type of system to rotate and keep track of where it is. this counts like an encoder but i am not sure how to translate that. so i am of two minds on the issue one is to program until i figure it out or two hire a programmer to write the tool changer program for me and warranty there work. to sum up i am asking for advise toward either of these options
thank you mark cook

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgeport Torq Cut
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »
hello
i forgot to add is there anybody out there that has already done a tool changer program on a bridgeport torq cut
thank you mark cook

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:50:48 AM »
Think JHChoppers may have done something similar, maybe worth giving him a shout or reading trough this post
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13365.0.html

Hood

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »
thanks Hood
as usual you have opened my eyes i have been searching for a torq cut and didnt even think about the fact that the vmc's are very similar i have worked one. i have to read again but i like and can understand the way he set up the carousel will post the final.
Mark

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:03:08 AM »
Look forward to seeing the video ;)

Hood