Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:41:45 AM

Author Topic: Help with pokeys56e and matrix keyboard  (Read 4710 times)

Help with pokeys56e and matrix keyboard
« on: July 07, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
Hi guys I have the mach3 lockdown version , pokeys56e, the beta version of pokeys driver . I am trying to hook up the 48 matrix keyboard to Mach 3 . I  am as far as seeing the plugin in Mach 3 . But whe I go to add a new pokeys device my matrix keyboard is not listed in the drop down menu , nothing is listed . Do I need the current development Mach 3 or is lockdown fine to use. Also note I have not activated the pokeys device with a password yet . I thought that was only for pulsing . Please help , thanks

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Help with pokeys56e and matrix keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »
You should check that you have the latest development (not lockdown) version of Mach3. This step is essential.
Then, you should be able to see your PoKeys56E device in the dropdown list in 'Add new device' dialog - you have to add the PoKeys device first and then configure the matrix keyboard that you are using (are you referring to the kbd48CNC keyboard or a generic matrix keyboard?).
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:23 AM »
kbd48CNC is the board I am using
I will download the latest development version and give it a try today .
thanks for the reply NeoTO

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
In this case, you will need to register the kbd48CNC keyboard with the PoKeys software first as described in the manual. Then the keyboard will be detected also by Mach3 plugin.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »
I updated to development and activated the pokeys . Still nothing at add new device screen . Do I also have to activate the keyboard somehow

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
We are working on an update that will be released this week. Please wait for it a few days.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »
how is it ended , because i just have one , and followes all of the instructions , but it wont work with mach 3 .. !
hope you got an idea.