Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:58:40 PM

Author Topic: Help with home switch setup.  (Read 2757 times)

Help with home switch setup.
« on: May 15, 2013, 11:36:23 PM »
How do you set the amount an axis moves away from the home switch after it hits it when referencing as it is still activating the switch and throwing an estop.Thanks Chris.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Help with home switch setup.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 04:52:10 AM »
As far as I am aware you can’t set the distance because the axis needs to move off the switch only as much as it takes for the switch to be reset.
If you have ‘switch bounce’ then a false signal will be sent and this may be the cause of your problem.

Try increasing the de-bounce interval (Config / General Config) and see if this helps. (Ideally this needs to be set to the lowest, reliable, value which cures the problem).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:21:10 AM »
Hi Tweakie,Thanks for help,i have just been reading an other post with the same problems and like the other guy i just discovered that because i am useing a smoothstepper i need to change it in the smootstepper settings so i will give that a go in the morning.Thanks again Chris.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:23:53 AM »
Do i still need to set the debounce in Mach 3 at all now ?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »
Do i still need to set the debounce in Mach 3 at all now ?

Hi Chris,

You don't need to worry about the Mach3 debounce settings then. If you are using an SS then it has it's own settings to take care of this issue.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE