Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:45:54 AM

Author Topic: Is LazyCam only partially functional in Mach 3 Demo?  (Read 4028 times)

Is LazyCam only partially functional in Mach 3 Demo?
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »
Trying to create a G-code program for some hexagon holes and LazyCam seems to just produce coed for one of three, then a bunch of G40 G1 blocks. Is this because I don't have a license yet?

Thanks,

Gary H. Lucas

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Is LazyCam only partially functional in Mach 3 Demo?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »
LazyCam (DEAD PROJECT)

Due to the availability of other, more mature, low cost CAM packages, LazyCam development has ceased and it will remain in permanent Beta status. LazyCam is not intended - and not supported - for use in a production environment.

LazyCam is a BETA-release free importer included with Mach3.  It's purpose is to import standard dxf, cmx, and other file types to allow those that do not use CAM programs to more easily generate Gcode to be run under Mach3. The Basic (free) edition of LazyCam that is included with Mach3 carries no cost, but will only output 50 lines of gcode if Mach3 is running in Demo mode.  There is an optional PRO level upgrade that turns on advanced features such as object offsetting, pocketing, etc.  As the software is BETA, not all features are fully functional - please thoroughly test your files before purchasing a Pro license!

Mach3

Mach3 is the flagship of the ArtSoft USA products. It is released in two versions:  a Lockdown version, and a Development version.  The Lockdown is a stable, static release recommended for new users, or people trialing the software.  The Development version contains developing features and is released quite often so people can obtain new (but untested) features and capabilities.

The software will run in Demo mode until "unlocked" by a license file - please make sure that you get your machine successfully running in Demo mode, and that you are happy with the performance, before you purchase a license.  While in Demo mode, the software has the following limitations:

(Mill/Plasma) 500 line gcode limit (samples) (10,000,000 limit after licensing)
(Turn) 50 line gcode limit (samples) (10,000,000 limit after licensing)
Kernel Frequency locked at 25kHz (only applicable if using the parallel port driver)
Set Next Line function disabled
Run From Here function disabled
(Turn) Threading disabled
(Plasma> THC functions disabled

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Is LazyCam only partially functional in Mach 3 Demo?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:58:57 AM »
Brett,
Thanks, that it what is happening, I am hitting the 50 line limit for the demo. My machine is running great under Mach 3, no glitches that weren't caused by me!  I am glad I took the time to get the hard limits and e-stop completely functional before trying to run it.  I have crashed into the end limits or hit the e-stop more times that I like to admit.  I will purchase a license today.

Gary H. Lucas