Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:38 PM

Author Topic: Need some brains  (Read 5802 times)

Need some brains
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »
I need a brain that when a switch is made, the program stops and a message is displayed.  I'll be using this for VFD fault and Low lube.  Thats the simple stuff

I also need a brain that if M3, M4, or any of my axis dros are showing movement output 1 relay is activated (my continous lube pump).

Then I need a brain so that if M5 is in effect relay 2 is activated ( 24V solenoid for spindle brake) 

anyone can help me handle this?  I saw the tutorial, but there is so much more to making brains than what was stated.  Anyone have brains for stuff like this?  I'm not too interested in macro pumps because I really don't want to burden Mach all that much.     
           Thanks

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Need some brains
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
Brain 1:  Input# ->NoOp -> SetLED(####)  (if that one is on, then start a cyclic macro in your init, to do an estop and message box).
Brian 2: IsMoving LED (under misc. inputs) AND CW LED OR CCW LED -> Output1 (note, make sure your spindle output relay is not using this output in configs).
Brian 3: CW LED OR CCW LED -> NOT OP -> Output2

Make sure, you will have to have the outputs enabled in your configs for these outputs to function.

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
My spindle outputs are commanded by one of teh axis's I have a C32 board.  I sthat what you mean.  BTW, thanks a bunch. 
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:42:15 PM »
Instead of using brain #3 what I did was have if spindle active then output 2

Output 2 is in charge of 2 relays 1 which is on the C32 board.  That runs teh 24vdc solenoid for teh spindle brake on NC and and the other on my C36 board which I use for my 110VAC lube pump on NO.  My problem is that right as I apply a M5 teh pneumatic brake is actvated and the VFD has not completelly done its thing and every time I am abouve 4000 rpm when that brake activates I get some kind of erroneous "limit triggered message."  I am thinking teh abrupt spindle stop while teh VFD is still decellerating is the problem.  Is there a way that in teh brain I can apply a delay via a formula that takes S ( spindle speed) and divides it by 1000 and that would be how many seconds before output 2 is activated.  Can anyone write a brain for that? 
    Thanks for all teh help so far.   
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »
Brain 1:  Input# ->NoOp -> SetLED(####)  (if that one is on, then start a cyclic macro in your init, to do an estop and message box).

OK I have the other 2 brains implemented, though I would like to implement a delay timer for the lube brain so I can cut down on the amount of oil being used.  I would like to implement the above brain with a simple cycle stop instead of an e stop.  does that make a difference?  In that proposed macro, do I need an 'if wend' or anything like that?  I am totally unfamiliar with making macros.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:33:21 PM by Mountainman »