Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:05:43 AM

Author Topic: iPad app for Mach 3  (Read 14366 times)

iPad app for Mach 3
« on: July 04, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
It sure would be cool if Mach could be ported to iOS. My touch screen iPad in combination with the smoothstepper would be an amazing machine control device. It has the power and if you rely on the caching capabilities of the smoothstepper you don't need a real time OS.

The iPad has USB support, but a WiFi or Bluetooth smooth stepper would also be pretty.sweet.  But that's a request for another forum.
-Jim
Re: iPad app for Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
the ipad has usb support ? mine sure don't ?

I do run mach3 from fusion 3.0 on my mac mini. works perfect.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 09:03:09 PM »
How do you hook up your iPad to your computer then?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:29 AM »
I'd be pretty nervous doing that myself, just don't like the thought of my machine control system halting while the machine is operating due to task switching / battery / etc.

Right now USB is only generally available via the Camera adapter (and it's kinda limited to a few HID types) w/o jailbreaking or specially designed hardware under Apple's mfi program.  Hoping that opens up with future revs of iPad, but not betting on it.

Front end sounds more doable, esp. over wifi...  Do you really want to replace your machine with the iPad, or would it just be nice to use the iPad to control it?
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »
Hi guys,

I use a program called TeamViewer to control my CNC Quilter via my IPad.  It is a piece of remote control software that is client/Host based.  The speed of the connection is extremely fast and displays very little latency or lag.  I have found that the ipad can be used by my wife with a very gradual learning curve, if you would like, I'll make a short movie of the operation of the quilter with the iPad to give you an idea of the way it works.  Just let me know if your would like to see it.  It could also be used as a pendant remote control.

Larry
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:48:39 AM »
Checkout www.machpendant.com for an iOS pendant for Mach3