Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:49:25 PM

Author Topic: another newbee  (Read 6603 times)

another newbee
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »
Hi There, I'm Fred from the Netherlands and jumped just into the wondrous world of Mach3.

I downloaded the demoversion a few days ago, went through all the fantastic instructionvideo's on line (great for dyslectic people like me) and set up my 3 axes milling machine.
Before ran the mill under CNCprofi. it worked ok, but running under MS Dos it is extremely outdated.

My problem:

I'd setup the machine. and in motor tuning and setup i did like the video told me. played along with the XYZ values, steps per (100 for X) velocity (1320 for X)  and acceleration (515 for X). All axes are running ok in jogging modus at 100% speed. Sound ok and can't stop them by hand.

In the settingswindow (Alt6) i ran a axis callii bration and everything seems ok.

If i run a demo job, a G-coded job from Devwing, or a gcode coming from lazycam the speed is about 10% of the speed i have in jogging modeSpindle speed is set to 100%. Can anyone give me a clue where to look ? there are just too many windows for newbees :)

PS i know that 100 steps is very low, but that was the value coming from the settingswindow,

Thanx in Advance

Fred ???

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: another newbee
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »
Your machine will only go as fast as the max velocity you have set in motor tuning.
Can't speak for Devwing but in LazyCam you must set the feedrate else it will default to  60 IPM in imperial,
not sure what it does in metric mode. So have a look at your gcode's feedrate and compare to your max velocity.

RICH

BTW, Been a number of year's since I worked in the Netherlands but still have fond memories.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:45:47 AM »
hi Rich,

thanks for the swift reply. to be honest i did not touch the feedrate so far, did not think of it. i'll give it a try today.

thanx

Fred
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:14:34 AM »
Hi Rich (and other interested people) Yups the feedrate did the trick, at least part of it. The mill is running lots faster after i defined a feedrate in lazycam. I defined speeds like 450-600-900 and 1200, but it doesn't make any difference. Jogging still is faster, so the bench CAN run faster. I'm not at the max speed. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere i didn't find yet.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »
Heya,

Almost everything is working ok now. Just that darned z-axes. i just can't get it right.

I  jog the Z-axes 10 mm over my material, being 3 mm thick. So in the end 13 mm over the bench. Define my work in Lazycam (a simpel dxf) you can look at the screens here.

The Z-axes goes down about 6 mm, follows the dxf coordinates, rises about 1-2 mm and does NOT come back in the original 0 point.

Where do i go wromg ??
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
one pic is missing

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:21:10 AM »
Not sure what your trying to do.
Lets make it simple so you have a base to start from and then you can play around with other settings of Mach  or LC and see the affects on code and the axis movements.

Set your tool at the top of the material and on the 0,0,0 of the part. No work or tool offsets.
Keep it simple.

1. Move the origin of the part such that left lower corner is at 0,0,0.
2. Let  the top of the part be Z=0.
3. Read Tutorial #6 in the LC Manual.
4. Rapid, cut start, and cut depth should be in mm's or inches ie, 13.0000 units and not 13,0000 units

Now you should get the Z movements you want and then can play with other settings in both LC and Mach. The code relates
to 0,0,0 so easy to follow the code.

Hope this helps,

RICH

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
Hi Rich,

A nice guy from the Netherlands with MACH3 knowlege was help me via Skype. Everything is working now 100% so i can go on.

Thanx an lots of fun here at this forum,

Fred

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
Happy your moving foward.............
RICH
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 05:21:23 AM »
Hi Rich,

Thanx, almost everything is running smoothly now. I bought a legal Mach3 CD from a local vendor. Sadly it is an older version in German (YAK) i don't mind the version. I think i utilise about 2% of all the functions in Mach3, so no problem for me. But can you tell me how to change the language toenglish ?? German language in software should be forbidden. Terrible.

I tried to copy the Mach1Lic.dat into the mach3 folder of my demoversion,. but that doesnn't work.

Kind regards

Fred