Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:58:28 AM

Author Topic: Licensing  (Read 7085 times)

Licensing
« on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »
I would like to purchase Mill Wizards program but have a question.  I like to use my laptop to work out what I'n going to do in the shop and save to a thumb drive, then out to the shop.  With the Mill Wizard will I be able to do this or is it neccessary to install it on the shop computer.  My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 64 bit version running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks,

Lee

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Licensing
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
Copied from the site.

The Newfangled Mill Wizard is licensed for full use. The program may be run in demo mode without a license. In demo mode all operations are functional except ‘Save G-code’ and ‘Show G-code’. The Mill Wizard can be used without a license to create and save job files. The Job file can then be opened with a licensed copy and used to create the G-code. This method provides some flexibility for users who only purchase one license.

The license is linked to a specific PC, requiring a different code for each PC. Use the ‘About’ screen, accessed by the ‘Help’ menu to get the PC code. You must have this exact PC code from the actual PC you wish to license and generate G-code. To obtain your license key, Click the ‘copy ID to Clipboard’ button in the ‘about’ dialog box when running the software in demo mode and paste this ID number in the appropriate location on the website when purchasing your license.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The LICENSE will only work for the Computer for which you supplied the PC ID. Each PC has a unique ID code and the license works in coordination with this code.

If you upgrade or exchange your PC, it will be necessary to contact licensing for a replacement.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Licensing
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:40 PM »
Thanks Brett.  That makes sense now.  I see how to Have it all!!

I just tried to install Mill Wizard on my laptop and get this error:

Error Opening File for Writing

c:\program files (X86)\Wizards\File\NFS_Mill.exe

I'm sure this has happened before so how should I go about fixing it up.

Thanks,

Lee