Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:59:33 PM

Author Topic: How to activate extra axes?  (Read 3154 times)

How to activate extra axes?
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »
Hello to everyone:

I have been using Mach 3 for about a year now in a typical 3-axis setup on a CNC router.  I'd like to now add on a trunnion/rotary table combo to make use of the A & B axes.  How do I modify the Mach 3 interface to show that last axis?  My screen currently shows 4 axes, so I need to add on that last, 5th axis.

I saw in the configuration area how to "enable" more axes....but the 5th axis still doesn't show up in the control screen.  I don't have the 4th/5th axis hardware yet, trying to get all the other ducks in a row, so if anyone has any other helpful advice on configuring mach 3 I'd be very grateful.  Thanks!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to activate extra axes?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:02:20 AM »
You need to either make your own screenset to add the axis DROs or I believe there is at least 1 on the downloads page that has all 6 axis DROs on it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:05:42 AM »
Yup I just figured that out....but when I load that "screen" none of the buttons are coming in.  The download did have them all...but how do you load them in with the interface?  (thanks for the fast reply by the way!)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:13:33 AM »
It depends on the screen itself but normally they are placed in the Bitmaps folder, they may be directly in that folder or more likely in their own folder within the bitmaps folder.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »
If you search under my username I had that same issue and posted my solution