Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:23:26 PM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173373 times)

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »
Hi Tweakie, ok as I explained on the intro thread my lovely gf has bought a mc that needs a licence, I'm in the uk, at the mo the gf is on the dark side of the pond   ;D but moving to the uk soon (end of year), I spoke to her this morning and she has found a licence on the Artsoft site, she has it in the basket but we need to confirm a couple of points first.

At the mo we are home hobbyists at best, I am a cnc miller turner grinder by trade, the gf is not lolz, from the one licence we would like her to be able to play with the software offline in the USA (unlocked), while the working copy connected to mc is here in the uk, we have both down loaded the demo, last night via Skype I gave her a basic walk thro of the demo and had her altering code, so I know she will need Mach3 unlocked so she can keep up with what I'm doing here....fingers crossed lmao

So my long winded question is can we have the program on both sides of the Atlantic, uk side connected to the mc, USA side only connected for training?

regards, Phil.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »
So my long winded question is can we have the program on both sides of the Atlantic, uk side connected to the mc, USA side only connected for training?

Hi Phil,

Yes sir, you can.

The demo version is not locked in any way it is just limited to running a maximum of 500 lines of code.

Under the terms and conditions of the Mach3 license - Provided you are not actually running CNC machines, for commercial purposes, on both sides of the Atlantic then your one license can be used in both instances.

Tweakie.

A Quote from the terms and conditions...

Non-commercial users (aka hobbyists) are permitted to use one Mach license for as many machines as they require. For commercial users (anybody who uses the software to generate profit), we require a separate license purchase for each machine. Mach1, Mach2, and Mach3 may all be used on one computer, but only one version of each will co-exist on a single computer.

A license is only required on the computer actually running a machine (Mach) or generating G-code (wizard software). If a computer not connected to a machine is used to test code, please use Mach3 in Simulation mode – it will remove the 500 line limit. Simulation mode can be accessed by uninstalling (or not installing) the Parallel Port Driver.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:12:07 PM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 03:45:27 PM »
Thank you Tweakie, I'll let her know to pick the licence up when she gets home in a couple of hrs :)

could you point me to the correct section to get some support for connecting pc/mc/Mach3.....I haz a Chinise one lol mc that is >:D I'm well used to very large cnc's, but never had a baby one that you need to first breath life into 8)

Thanks, Phil.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 12:53:58 AM »
Hi Phil,

Just post as a new topic here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html

(I did try to move the last couple of posts to the correct place but failed miserably  :-[ )

Some of the Chinese imported machine controllers set up and run perfectly some just refuse to toe the line - I will keep my fingers crossed that you are one of the lucky ones.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
Tweakie, I am new.  I went to the link you cited for this site and cannot figure how to post there.  Can you help with more soecific instructions?  Thanks  Jimmy Williams   jwiljrj@netscape.net

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »
Hi Jimmy,

Just click the New Topic button and away you go.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 09:20:56 AM »
Hi I have only just joined this forum and noticed this subject "hall of shame" and if i have read it correctly it is about people who use the software without paying for it, i thought i read that it was ok to use if only for hobby or private use and not for profit or have i got that wrong? having no machine to run the software on yet i am ok but do i need to pay for it if i use it for myself?

thanks for any help offered

regards Poppy Ann

forgot to ask if i do not have to pay for the licence how do i get one?? I expect it to be simple but have not come across it yet.
again thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:33:02 AM by Poppy Ann »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »
Hi Poppy Ann,

Guess that was the name of your sailboat ?

Mach3 is free to download and use but it has a number of limitations (eg. only running a Gcode program of 500 lines). Once you have tried it and are satisfied that it will run your machine as you require then you can purchase the license which then removes the limitions mentioned above.

The license can be obtained here http://www.machsupport.com/licensing/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 01:55:49 PM »
Hi Tweakie thanks for the info, no Poppy Ann is my name my boat is called Bear Necessities
I think i attached a photo of the boat new to this forum and just trying to get use to it.

regards Poppy Ann.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 03:31:35 AM »
I posted me message re: Pirate license that I received recently with a Control board from an Ebay seller, however it is no longer listed. Did I do wrong? If so please let me know how so I can avoid making a similar error next time.
I thought I was being helpful. ???

George
One step at a time!