Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:54:02 AM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173394 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Hall of shame
« on: April 16, 2013, 08:58:01 PM »
This topic will be dedicated to those who pedal off pirated copies of Mach.  You will receive no support here if you do business with them and if you see a vendor listed here I strongly urge you to buy from someone else.  If you know of any more just reply to the topic and I will add them to the following list.

Brett

1) unirobotics.co.za
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:58:06 AM by stirling »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:00:05 AM »
Brett you may want to list all the known PIRATE license.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:41:32 AM »
Brett you may want to list all the known PIRATE license.

Hi Terry,

Perhaps that would not be a practical proposition as there are a couple (to my knowledge) pirate license generators floating about which will allow any chosen name to be used for the license creation.  :'(

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »
OK then how do we know that that did not happen with the accused that is listed?

Slippery slope, (;-) , (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 06:54:01 PM »
Terry the supplier above was punting out one of the most commonly available pirate licences so not even as sophisticated as using a **** **** generator.
There was no doubt whatsoever that it was a pirate licence. ;)
Hood

Edit; With Hood's permission, name of pirate group deleted.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:07:31 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:23:15 PM »
I agree pirate copies hurt everyone. But a rep company falsely accused on a public forum of selling illegal copies probably has grounds for a law suit against the person accusing. As long as countries like china and russia ignore selling priate software and hosting site on the Torrents... good luck.   

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »
I agree pirate copies hurt everyone. But a rep company falsely accused on a public forum of selling illegal copies probably has grounds for a law suit against the person accusing. As long as countries like china and russia ignore selling priate software and hosting site on the Torrents... good luck.   

And do you think the above mentioned company has been falsely accused?
Hood
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
I don't know what company you are taking about and wouldn't have any way of telling if it a legal or illegal copy. I purchased my Mach 3 from Artsoft and just purchased Aspire 4.0 from Vectric...

The point I was trying to make is before people go witch hunting and start accusing vendors of selling pirate copies.... just have proof it's really a pirate copy.

This brings up a good question... how can someone tell the difference between a authorized and pirate?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »
Ok I see what you are saying now, I thought you were saying the vendor in the first post was not sending out pirate licenses with their hardware.

Now how to tell, well that can be problematic and the only real way to know for sure is to get it checked against the database of purchased licenses.
A clue however is if it has a name and it is not your name then a good chance it is pirated. If it has a serial number then it may or may not be pirated and  the only way to know for sure is to cross reference with the database so if anyone has  suspicions about a licence they need to contact Scott at license@machsupport.com and ask if it is legitimate or not.

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:51:12 AM »
Just a little off thread comment and that refers to users of pirated licenses.
We have been rather discrete about those users and address accordingly.
            BUT
If a user has the gall to use this forum knowingly using a pirated license they won't be here for long.

RICH