Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:40:09 AM

Author Topic: Home/Limits  (Read 22599 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Home/Limits
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
Thanks Gary, Go tot he following link and download it to your PC. Uninstall the mach you have now delete the mach3 folder on your c drive.  Run the installer you just downloaded and when prompted to enter a custom profile do so and name it GarysRouter cloning the mach3mill profile.  Use the screen shots in your earlier post to set up and configure your machine again.

ftp://anonymous:guest@machsupport.com/Mach/Mach3Version3.043.057.exe

Brett
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:18:51 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 03:01:08 PM »
A bit of friendly advice for all those following the Mach 3 Support Forum.
Ensure that have your own personal licensed copy of the software.
The hard work and hours spent developing this software deserves the bucks spent.
The amount of help and free support one gets is amazing.
I got "burnt" and its not a nice feeling!

Offline alenz

•  137 137
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
I see that the software seller states that "We also include the Merchant Copy of the famous CAD software MACH3” and then again “MC Mach3 software" is included.
I wonder how he would respond to the question: What exactly is MC Mach3?
Is that now a recognized category for pirated software?
Buyer beware.
Al
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:28:29 AM by alenz »
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 04:03:37 AM »
OK I'm back to where I was yesterday, but Legally!
I noticed I wasn't 100% correct in the previous posts.
I have changed the dir active low setting for the Z axis. When pressing PgDn the axis goes down, using the the pop-out MPG to jog, the Z- take the axis down.
This effectively changes the direction travelled opposite to the X&Y axes. I would prefer to keep it this way as I think I will use the keyboard more than the pop-out to jog.
Question: 1. How will this affect normal operation when running G-code for a drawing? (Will it make the axis travel in the wrong direction when cutting)
              2. Does this affect the soft max and soft min settings? (manual and videos say to be careful and make the soft max a negative figure and the soft min a
                  positive figure....... one wants the axis to move up away from the table when homing or going to zero)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 06:01:33 AM »
Ok sounds like your Z is correct, going up is a positive move and PgUp is normal for that, opposite for PgDn and the DRO moves negative. Same for the pop out, it is going the right way for Z by the sounds of it.

Ok for Homing the Z you move positive, this will, when it hits the switch and backs off set the Z machine coords to Zero (make sure you dont have a value in Home Off box) Then for Z Soft Limits you set 0 as Z Max. Z Min is set to the axis travel but as a negative number, so if you have a 6inch travel then Z Min will be -6.

Hood
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 06:34:58 AM »
Morning Hood
I have set the Z as suggested in your previous post.
I have checked the Home Neg Box for Y as when I pressed ref all home it was homing on the positive side of the table.
Referencing has not completed.
1. The Z moves 1st correct direction (up), hits limit and backs off.
2. Y moves 2nd correct dir ( toward minus) hits limit, does not back off. When I reset it automatically triggers a stop saying limit triggered. Cannot not get it to   move off limit unless I disable (un-check input) Y. Then move off Y limit recheck the input. The same happens all over again if I do a ref all home again.
3. I tried a 3rd time and got Z and Y to reference, but the X moved interdependently of it's slaved motor.
4. After the 1st ref all home I did notice that the A axis was showing A green outline around it's DRO button.
How do I get the 2 motors of the x axis to work together - remember I did not have to change either of their dir active low setting to get them to travel in same direction.
Am I correct in assuming that one needs to reference the axes in order to set the table parameters in accordance with the home/soft limits.
and does one need to zero the axis first......jog them to zeo position then zero them?
Gary
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:38:23 AM by malgazz »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:34 AM »
Ok  sounds like you either have bouncing switshes or a bit of noise. Go to Config menu then General Config and enter a Debounce Interval setting. Try 200 and see if that helps, if it does then  work down to the min reliable amount.

Regarding the Slaved axis, also on General Config you will see an option to Home Slave with Master, see if that helps.
Hood
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 07:34:22 AM »
my last sentence above should read: "does one need to zero the axes.... jog them to zero, zero each of them and then refernce the axes?"

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »
No you can reference any where you want and the machine will move to the switches and set machine coords. If you then jog to where you want the work zero to be then you can zero the DROs, that will be the work offset (usually 54 unless you have called another) set up.
Next day when you switch the machine on you press RefAll, machine will reference and then you will see how far you are away from your previously set work offset and if you tell it to go to zero it will go to that offset zero.
Hood
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »
Hood
The setting in general config did the trick.
Thanks a mil, seem to be on right track
Gary