Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:24:26 PM

Author Topic: Driver poblems  (Read 7792 times)

Re: Driver poblems
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:31:30 PM »
Had to rename it to get it to post. Will that work?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 03:34:49 PM »
Hi, Bobby

Should we Put in ear plugs and find a bunker, where are you located ?

File has zero content, if its a XML file it should upload hear fine.

Chip
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:43:13 PM by afn09556 »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 04:11:58 PM »
Hi, Bobby

Try this XML file, The pins are setup Step x3, y5, z7 Dir x2, y4, z6, If there not correct them, This XML runs and lights the Printer leds.

Motor tuning will need to be set also its set really slow.

Maybe this will get you going.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »
Ok, now I get yellow leds with pin 10 and 11 set at active low. My limits are NC and are high in normal operation. When they are activated they go low but the leds do not change. I have a ribbon cable from the board to a connector mounted in the panel side. I have checked continuity from the board end of the ribbon cable to the computer end of the cable. Everything is good. At this point I am thinking that I have a problem with the board. I have emailed the manufacturer and am waiting on an answer. Thanks for the help and don't call out the fire truck yet. I haven't seen any smoke.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 09:29:29 PM »
Checked out my breakout board on the bench tonight and everything is working properly. I do think that I have found my problem. I installed a new Asus P5PE-VM motherboard and a Intel 2.8ghz dual core processor. During boot up I get a "Intel CPU uCode loading error". Pressing F1 will resume and XP boots up. I have this same combination in my other computer and I do not get the error. After further investigation I have determined this is a problem with the bios. Both computers are running a different bios revision. Bottom line is that I have a problem with the bios and the parallel port is likely to be malfunctioning. Odd thing is that the one with the problem has a later revision. I have emailed Asus with the problem and hope to have an answer tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »
Just wanted to let you know that everything is working now. I had to download and updated bios from ASUS. I had the latest one and tried to repair it with no luck. ASUS support was no help. I called tech support and was told by auto system that it would be 8 minutes. After 30 minutes I hung up. I emailed them and they told me what I already knew. I kept trying and finally they added a new bios revision today (1203) and it worked. Thanks for all your help.