Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:21:28 PM

Author Topic: Power Feed Wizard  (Read 21812 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Power Feed Wizard
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 08:12:42 PM »
Ron,
   I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 12:19:49 PM »
Sorry, I don't know about Mach2. I have not run that for a couple years. I dont even recall the structure of the wizard folder in Mach2. I will have to find another system here to test that, but I'm trying to finish several other wizards now so it will be a while before I can try.

That's OK - don't bother testing as I can do that pretty easily myself and your time is better spent on other activities.

Mike
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 01:46:41 PM »
Ok, its a slow morning and I felt like programming so here is a new version of the power feed wizard that lets you feed either X or Y  axis. It also has a help screen. I think it could use some improvement on the graphics to make it more intuitive, but that might just clutter it up for experienced users.

have fun.

ron ginger
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:31:58 PM by Ron Ginger »

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 03:43:14 PM »
I like it!

Vince
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 02:57:59 PM »
Thanks for the new wizard Ron!
Very useful wizard for my Acra Mill.

Maybe this wizard ought to be renamed something more fitting like "Smart Feed."
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »
Today I had a need to use my power feed wizard and found a couple things missing- I couldn't start my spindle, or control jogs. So I made some changes to the wizard to include these functions. It has made the screen more cluttered, but I guess thats the cost of progress.

New version is attached

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
Maybe I have not looked close enough but I can't see any difference between this one and the previous one. 

I notice that you are putting these wizards in the wizard tab and not the conversational button (new fangled).  I paid for the new fangled wizards.  Are they now static and all new wizard going into the general tab?  I like the pictures of the wizard function in the conversational button.

Vince
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 08:39:44 AM »
The new version has buttons for spindle on/off and flood and mist. These are in the upper left corner. Otherwise it is the same.

These will be part of the newfangled set, and will work with the newfangled license. I will be working on the set that was the original Newfangled package, Ive made some fixes and am working on a new screen for cutting a general polygon. But some wizards, like power feed, have no need to be part of that package, they work as stand-alone wizards.

So, there will be new stand-alone wizards, so far power-feed and Teach, and there will be changes and additions to the set called up by the conversational button. Brian and I have discussed a couple more new wizards, and I am open to suggestions of either enhancements to the current set, or totally new functions.

All of the new wizards will work with your Newfangled license.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 05:39:01 PM »
I must have either downloaded the wrong one or installed it wrong as mine does no have spindle on off or coolant options.  Do I just place the zip file in the addons folder and unzip it there?

Vince
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:41:00 PM by N4NV »
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »
Yes that should do it. Look in your zip file, the new version should have a date stamp on the .set file of March 7, 4:02PM. I should start to use a Version number as part of the name so we dont get this problem. I just loaded the version here and it is the new one.