Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:03:45 AM

Author Topic: G-Code issue - different part than the design?  (Read 5431 times)

Re: G-Code issue - different part than the design?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 02:47:36 AM »
I may have it under control.... change the feed rate to 30 and it cut the whole part without mistakes.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: G-Code issue - different part than the design?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 07:33:04 AM »
Loosing steps can be caused by a number of things. You must allow some headroom in your velocity and  acceleration settings in motor tuning.
The headroom i am talking about is reducing the configured motor settings so that there is  adequate torque available for cutting, rapid moves,
and addressing quirks of the machine ( like a change in the torque required to move the axis at some point along the axis).
If the skippping is repeatable it's usualy easy to adjust settings and do away with the problem. If it is not repeatable, and a good example is skipping during
3 axis machining, chances are that the motor is inadequate and that can be caused by a number things.

Common mistake is when speed is considered more important than reliability / repeatablility. Additionaly, lack of experience on cutting different materials etc, with the same machine.

The system needs to be designed from the beginning to meet the requirements of what you want to do.  When the user understands the big picture
and works within a reliable operating zone, skippping will not be an issue.

RICH