Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:57:32 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 controls and PWM  (Read 2528 times)

Mach3 controls and PWM
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
I have installed a VFD on my knee mill and using a PMDX 126 controller card with the PMDX 107 spindle card added to it. the VFD works from the test button on the 107 card and when I give a M3 command the spindle comes on. I have noticed when I move the Spindle override slider up the spindle motor slows down and move it down it speeds up. I'm not sure if that is normal or not but it seems to me like its backwords? the other problem I have is when I give it an S command like ( S 800 ) I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying. ( Error on line 1 - wrong number of arguments or invalid property assign) and the spindle motor will not change speed if I give any other S command. it will stop with M5 and backup with M4. and the 107 card has a LED on it for PWM and it will get brighter and dimmer when I slide the override down and up. any ideas?
Thanks.
Re: Mach3 controls and PWM
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »
Hi Derek,

sounds like your spindlespeed.m1s  macro is corrupted.

standart content is:

rpm = GetRPM()
SetSpinSpeed( rpm )

and it sounds like you inverted a wirering to the  PMDX 107 card .

slider up = more speed

Alex
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:38:30 PM »
Hi Alex thanks for replying to my post.   I checked the spindlespeed.m1s micro and found it had a (39) in the first line I removed just the 39 and it fixed the error on line 1 problem, but not the spindle override. I check the wiring on the VFD and it was right so I try to reverse the reference and ground and the VFD would not run that way. so I check to see if there was a setting in the VFD menu and found nothing. so I looked at Mach3 again and under ports and pins there is a setting for the spindle motor for DirlowActive it was checked and i UN checked it and now the spindle override work faster when I slide it up and slower when I slide it down. and when I give it a S command the spindle will change with the command. and runs very close the the speed I give it.
thanks for the help.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »
Glad you got it sorted.  :)

Alex