Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:49:19 PM

Author Topic: G540, Huangyang VFD and soindle control  (Read 2698 times)

G540, Huangyang VFD and soindle control
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »
I know this is probably a heavily discussed topic and apologize to those of you who are tired of it.  I have spent days searching here and on the internet for information on how to control a spindle motor from Mach3 via a Gecko G540.  What I have found leads me to believe it can be done without requiring additional electronics.  My problem is the information is not very clear.  I have a few questions for clarification.
First my hardware:
CPU Athlon 64 X2 2.63 ghz
Parallel port.
2.2kw spindle
Huanyang VFD

I am still building the CNC machine (CRP4896) but have tested Mach3 and the G540 and Nema 23 motors.  All seems to work fine (I was worried because I have integrated video).

The first question:
The G40 manual lists 3 pins for VFD output: 7 – VFD Ground, 8 VFD Output and 9 VFD +10V.  The Huanyang Manual lists: DCM (VFD Ground), 10V (VFD +10V) and what I need to verify; VI (VFD Output).  Is VI the correct connection?

The second question is Spindle start and stop.  I don’t see any other pin(s) that reference the VFD.  How is run/stop handled/wired?  Is this handled via the FOR/REV/DCM connection?  If so is the signal available from the G540?

Thanks in advance for any assistance and for your patience.