Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:30:45 AM

Author Topic: Ascending posts within a thread?  (Read 3776 times)

Offline j1sys

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Ascending posts within a thread?
« on: February 04, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »
Hi -

I'm new to this forum and am reading through some of the old posts to get answers (lots of 'em) to my questions. This will help me not ask the same question again sometime.

Anyway on several other forums it either through default or by profile shows the 'original' post first followed by all answers in ascending order. For 'historical' browsing I find this much easier to read. First the question then all the answers.

Is there anyway to set that as an option on this forum? I've read through the 'Help' and searched for 'descending' and 'ascending' to no avail.

Again, I'm talking about within a topic. I like 'new' topics or answered topics coming out on top of the topic list and know how to click on 'last' to reverse it.

Thanx,

-Ed

ynneb

Re: Ascending posts within a thread?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 06:53:37 PM »
Funny, I never new that was not on by default. I had it set in my personal settings but not as forum default.
This is a bit embarrasing. I have fixed the problem, but suspect it will cause a few complaints from those who have got used to reading it the other way.
Of course the way you have suggested is the best way and makes sense.

Thanks for brining this to my attention.

Offline j1sys

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Re: Ascending posts within a thread?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »
Thanx for the quick reply. Based on your message I revisted 'Profile' and found the subscreen and checkbox that allowed me to control it. Sorry for the stupid question.

If anybody else didn't find it: Click 'Profile' in the Forum Toolbar, Click 'Look and Layout Preferences' under 'Modify Profile', then 'Uncheck' the box for 'Show most recent posts at the top.'

-Ed