Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:04:24 PM

Author Topic: RYE router Retrofit  (Read 17631 times)

Re: RYE router Retrofit
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 05:44:59 AM »
Good morning Hood.

Your last post give an other way of monitoring E-stop by tow stage

First stage, shut down power if : axis reach  over limiter or emergency stop button is pushed

Second stage, disable the power stage axis and fast stop the spindle if : a fault happen ( drive, thermal switch ... )

The  advantage is to be able restart the job by pressing cycle start when the problem is found

I  worked in the merchant navy, few years ago and they have the same problem.
If an  uncritical engine alarm is displaying the engine continue to run, we have a computer telling us what up. during the night  it give us the phone number of  cabin mechanic man.

But if  oil vapor is detected in the dry crankcase  :'(.  The engine is automatically stop by the computer !!!!! Before it explode  >:D
And if you are by night in the storm with the alternator coupled to this engine, you loose all the electrical power and propulsion !!!!!
But you  are not burning in hell, just adrift.....

So which way is the best about CSMIO. One stage or tow Stage E-stop ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:44 AM »
Its not really a two stage as such, just  multiple inputs that will do the same thing.
If you whack the E-Stop button then the CSMIO will see that and E-Stop Mach.
If one of your drives faults then the CSMIO will see that and E-Stop Mach.
In either case as long as the logic side of the drives is still powered  you will still have encoder fed back to Machs DROs so sort the problem and Mach knows exactly where it is.

At the moment the spindle does not have an error input but I am hoping that is fixed in the plugin currently being done.

Regarding the engine management, there was similar in some of the lifeboats here and it was actually a bad thing.  Not a great idea the engine shutting down as you are coming into a harbour in heavy seas, much better to allow the human to decide if its safer to allow it to keep running and risk it blowing up in such situations.

Hood
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:24 AM »
The worst example at sea  " ship fire figthing plan "

Commercial navy: they check if nobody is present in the engine room be for opening the CO2  system
Royal navy :  they open the CO2  first then,  then count the man ...... Left outside !

So, my decision is take  to let mach3 and csmio ruining  automatically  Emergency stop.
Expect for the Mushroom button and the axis over limiter which will shut down the power and make the position lost.

I believe, in case of mach3 fatal crash, the csmio E-stop output will be automatically  open ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 10:43:56 AM »
The position will only be lost if you also remove the logic supply from your servo drives, I think most drives (commercial ones anyway) can have the mains taken away but usually the logic side supply can be kept intact.

If Mach crashes it may or may not E-Stop, just depends on how it crashes I suppose. Good thing however is you should still have the CSMIO watching things and it should see a fault and halt things, so kind of double safety check there with Mach and CSMIO both looking for faults.

Hood
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »
I think most drives (commercial ones anyway) can have the mains taken away but usually the logic side supply can be kept intact.

Hood

That is the way the ones are that I'm using.
The Control Power is tapped into the mains up-stream of the contactor (M).

FYI,
Russ :)
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »
My Bosch drive have the logic powered in 24v so i haven't try but it should worked has you said.
Any way i do prefer losing the position and a 30€ plywood board than a motion component €€€€
I am not in aerospatial business with a 12 axis CNC machining a bloc of Titan during 15h.

I am actually working on the electric diagram and i found a very friendly  CAO soft ( free )

http://qelectrotech.org/wiki/en/start

The component library are complete enough for my project.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:42:08 AM by Joyeuxmael »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
I think maybe you are misunderstanding or maybe me that is misunderstanding.
What I am saying is Mach can E-Stop, CSMIO can E-Stop, Limits can be hit, Drives can fault etc etc but as long as you do not take away the 24v logic supply then the encoders will always be monitored and thus simply sorting the fault and pressing reset is all that is needed. Homing again can of course be done if you wish but it will not add any accuracy to things as the position is already known.
Hood