Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:20:42 PM

Author Topic: dspMC/IP Motion Controller with index pulse for spindle feedback  (Read 7900 times)

Hello Sir..
I have two machine with your controller. One machine use an rotary encoder for spindle feedback and this machine is running well now. But I have no encoder for next machine and I try to use index pulse circuit for spindle feedback. So I connect index pulse signal in one of the input pin in your controller and I set index input signal in mach3 input setting. But this system isn't work. So, I want to know can I use Index signal for Spindle feedback with your controller? Please give me some advice.. Thank Sir..
High Tech Key
Re: dspMC/IP Motion Controller with index pulse for spindle feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 02:43:28 AM »
Has this question been answered?  With Mach and a simple spindle it seems the (single) index pulse is the best way to go.
Re: dspMC/IP Motion Controller with index pulse for spindle feedback
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:52:55 AM »
The index pulse of an encoder may be too fast of a signal for a standard input, especially if there is any signal debounce in place.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.