Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:17:28 AM

Author Topic: 3040 CNC  (Read 4421 times)

3040 CNC
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »
Hello all,

I am pretty sure that you all are tired of us Newbie asking the same questions. I did look through the posts and still cant find answers.

If I posted this in the wrong forum please move.

Newbie with a New 3040 Chinese CNC from Ebay. Hooked to a Windows 7 Desktop, installed software, yadda yadda. Unable to get it cut/engrave. Dude in China says Windows XP. Hook to a XP box. Somewhat better but its still not doing what it should.

One thing I noticed, I zero'd Z on the top of material (3/4" thick piece of Pecan, about 8" wide and 10" Long). Try to use example Gcode and the bit rises above the material. the DRO for Z shows like -1.0 (or similar). In my mind - would be down not up. Is there something that I missed when setting this up using the Chinese Manual?

Please help.
Winterdragon (Mike)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: 3040 CNC
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:27 PM »
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

You should be able to move the Z axis with the keyboard Page Up / Page Down keys.

Page Up increases the Z axis DRO reading and moves the tool away from the work.
Page Down reduces the Z axis DRO reading and moves the tool towards the work.

If this is not the case then Config / Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs - change the state of the 'Dir Low Active' box for the Z axis.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: 3040 CNC
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »
when you setup your ports and pins z set to active low just click on and set active high to change the direction