Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:35:01 AM

Author Topic: High detailed .dxf file -> Pronest 8 -> Mach3  (Read 9688 times)

High detailed .dxf file -> Pronest 8 -> Mach3
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:47:14 AM »
Hello, its been a while since we bought plasma cutting machine and all we had to do were simple parts, like circles and squares, nothing much to deal with and it was working fine.
But some days ago we decided to cut something interesting, much more detailed parts and suddenly i had a lot of problems at once.
1.Pronest takes ages to import complex .dxf files, it freezes for like minutes and more. And i'm pretty sure its not about my pc, since its fairly good to play all the last released games, so why not good enough to handle one simple program?
2.It takes even more time after i press "Import G-code" button, i had just 3 figures on a job and i had to leave it for the whole night(not sure when actually it loaded, but took more than 20 minutes to go).
3.After i got my g-code at last its not working properly in mach3 ! After i load it there is no toolpath, but that's not the main problem, the main problem is how bad its working , after i cycle start it in mach3 plasma cutter trembles a lot every time it have to cut not a straight line, not sure how can i explain that and in addition to this cutting "flame" turns off and on frequently , although there are no m3/m5 commands.
I usually use autocad 2013 to create a drawing and import it in .dxf 2000 format, but this time i took ready .dxf files from another site and just corrected them a bit.
Attaching a file with:
1. model i downloaded - fa1-4-Angle Horse.dxf
2.What did i have after correcting it - hors2ie.dxf
3.And what did i have after loading it into Pronest 8 and importing G-code - G-code.cnc
Hope you guys can tell me what am i doing wrong, thank you so much for your help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: High detailed .dxf file -> Pronest 8 -> Mach3
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:57:15 AM »
Hi Ashcroft,

The ProNest delays you are experiencing are probably best taken up with Hypertherm directly – they should be able to suggest the solution.

Within Mach – if you are getting the ‘crop circles’ in your toolpath display this is because the GCode is intended to run in Absolute distance mode (G90).
Goto Config / General Config / IJ Mode and select Absolute – then click Regen. Toolpath and your display should be correct.

I don’t have plasma so don’t know about the other problems but I had to add a Feed-rate to your GCode and reduce the Dwell times, replace the M03/M05 then it ran OK with my laser. So overall it is, in my opinion, a good .dxf and a good GCode that you have generated.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:57 PM »
It has been a while since I did anything with Pronest BUT that is NOT what I remember as Gcode from Pronest. What you have is a bunch of small segmented code mostly short lines and it running with SUB programming just to make minor changes ????

It is also programmed with ABS_IJ'S which is odd itself. There should have been a G90.1 in the safety block to set the machine to ABS/IJ

Also it invokes G41/ Tool comp without ANY support moves OR values to make the G41 work

I have never seen a CAM work this way(;-) , (;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »
Looking at the DXF you created it has OVER 18,000 nodes. THAT is why it took so long to convert. 

(;-) TP