Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:30:57 PM

Author Topic: Things I noticed while using Mill Wizard  (Read 3510 times)

Things I noticed while using Mill Wizard
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Ron,

Wasn't sure if you got a chance to see this one.

I created an operation 'Keyway Slot'. It is called Keyway Slot on both the 2D Milling drop down menu, and the Mill section of the buttons. It is also called Keyway Slot in the header of the dialog, and also in the comments in the GCode. In the operation list, it is called a linear slot.  I really prefer the name linear slot, and would love to see it stay that way, which of course means changing it in a few other locations.

Under Drill in the drop down menu, there is an operation Circle of Holes. In  the Drill area of the main screen, it is called Bolt Circle. The dialog says Hole Circle, and the operation says Hole Circle. Before you fix that,  I have another request for a change in terminology.  

You have added a huge amount of functionality here, and I think it is awesome and extremely useful. Yay! It turns out that the 'Drill' section is no longer really just Drills. I think you have allowed us to specify patterns of holes done with drills, pockets, and circles. So I think perhaps renaming the 'Drill' category into a 'Hole Pattern' category. Within Hole Pattern, you have a Circular Pattern, a Rectangular Pattern, a Linear Pattern, and a List Pattern.  

I am also eyeballing the Linear Slot function which lets me give a finish pass. I am wishing that in the Hole Pattern 'Circle' and 'Pocket' operations I was able to specify a finish pass value. I would also love to be able to have the ability to select conventional for the roughing pass and climb for the finish pass on all of the milling operations.

I know I ask for much! I think it will make the program that much more awesome to use.

Kevin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:06:22 PM by kevinro »

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
Re: Things I noticed while using Mill Wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »
Hello Ron,
  Was wondering if a button is or can be added so the Gcode can be sent directly to Mach3 like the NFS Addons do?

Thanks again,
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
Re: Things I noticed while using Mill Wizard
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »
No support for multi tooth thread mill cutters in the new version, was in the old version.