Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:17:21 AM

Author Topic: Mach Controlled DIY embroidery Machine  (Read 11956 times)

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
Mach Controlled DIY embroidery Machine
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »
Dear fellows,
Happy New Year and Marry Christmas... No , i wrongly said.... " Marry christmas and Happy New Year"..Now that is right.. About 6-days difference Christmas came first..

Hi girls and Womens of the Forum, And the guys and gentlemen who loves embroidery work like me... Last year My wife stressed me to make a DIY embroidery machine with bigger Hoop and that can do all type of stitch work... .. It was a challenge to me... .. All types of stitches!!!!.. I asked her What do you mean by All type of stitches???...

She replied " I need a machine that can compete with modern industrial Machines"... Hmmm..... and the story Begins...and I left Woodwork and tried to look like a embroider..From that day and now, i have a lot of knowledge about embroidery machines and working principal...

I researched on the machines and found that The Following are the few File Formates that Embroidery machine uses..
Brother *.pes
Tajima *.dst
Viking *.hus
Melco *.exp etc

From that day, After a long long time i was able to make a software that can drive my CNC Embroidery Machine with all types of stitches that industrial machines can do. Basically, my intent was to convert low-cost manual sewing machine into embroidery machine that can compete with industrial machines. For this I have to write a software that can convert the DST file into machine readable file.. The DST file is a TAJIMA file format and it is complex binary coded...It was hard for me make a software that can read the file and simulate the design and make the Gcode..Previous experience in visual basic Programming made it possible to write a customised program...

Following is the software that i have written in Visual BAsic Language.. With my this software machine will able to do Straight stitch, Cross-stitch, Zig-zag stitch, Satin stitch, Tatami stitch,chain stitch, Motif-run stitch, triple run stitch, Contour stitch, Perpendicular coil stitch and all types of Alphabets and Pictures...

For hardware drawings are completed and 80% will be assembled within this week end. The functionality of the machine will be..

1- The Large Hoop working area ( 9" x 20")

2- For every new colour in design machine will stop with needle upward condition for colour change.

3- A bulb will lit up so that thread can be easily changed

4- Automatic thread cutting

5-If thread broke machine will stop

further functionalities can be added in future.

Regards

Khalid

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
Re: Mach Controlled DIY embroidery Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:51:36 AM »
Finally i am in position to post some pictures of hardware of my Embroidery Machine... Their are 04 major parts in the hardware:
1- Sewing Machine Support Structure (MDF and Wood)
2- X/Y- Carriage ( Mostly Aluminum , few parts CS)
3- My Controller Box
4- Sewing Machine

Day before Yesterday, I completed The X/Y- Carriage and Yesterday my complete day spent on the controller box..This time i am using PIC based controller... Actually, The Controller box got damaged during Flight.. The Transformer Loosen and left it place from the foundation screws and rolled over on the Modular Cards.. I have removed the broken/damaged components and now it has to be checked for integrity...

The sewing Machine Wheel is removed and some components/Linkages were disabled for embroidery work..

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:52:33 AM »
Yesterday installed the carriage and repair and tested the controller cards..
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »
I would like to get more information on your .dst to G-code converter, as well as the setup for the Mach3. Are these available for download? I have to come up with a solution for a four head embroidery machine with a bad control.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
Hi I think that your the person that I want to talk to but I don't know how to do that
I want to build a machine, big machine. i have Husqvarna Viking 5D Pro software so i can write most of the hus, pez, file
but i need help in reading the file and controlling the hard ware, i have built a 3 axis mill and want now to buid a large quilting machine.....

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
Hey Jonjell, I didnt want to junk up the welcome thread so I'll post it here.  There has been a few that have done this.  Do you do any programing in C++?  VB? 

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 03:18:35 AM »
I have done a lot of machine, assember code and basic in the past, I want to learn VB, but to your question; no not as yet.
sorry I think that I was one of those who junked up the post........ sorry............

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »
LOL, your post is fine.  I'm thinking you will need a custom plug-in for some of the stitching but I could be wrong.  We have a SDK on the downloads page but you may want to wait on Mach 4.  I'd like to see you get what you want.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!