Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:59:37 AM

Author Topic: Using an Encoder for Jogging  (Read 5374 times)

Re: Using an Encoder for Jogging
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 02:27:08 AM »
And you activate that macro how? 

"You'd need to have switches, and a macropump, brain or plug-in to issue the OEM code at the proper time"

I just wanted to be able to use the encoder I already had as an MPG, but I didn't (as stated) see any real use for it if you have to open the fly out screen and select on screen anyway.  Might as well just create a better looking big button jog screen instead.  (which I intened to do anyway since this machine is getting an 800 x 600 resolution 12" touch screen.) 

Switches I have.  I have lots and lots and lots of swqitches.  Just the switches I took out of the original console for the mill are enough for two or three consoles with a cleaner setup. 

In Mach setup I see where you can use an input to jog an access.  It takes two per axiis which uses up your inputs pretty darn fast.  Better have two ports or a smooth stepper which has an extra set of inputs assigned to a third port. 

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 02:32:34 AM »
A macropump is a macro that is started automatically when Mach3 starts up, and runs as long as Mach3 is running.  Look at the code I referred you to.  It shows how to implement a full pendant, with no "smarts" in the hardware at all - just switches and the MPG.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 03:56:13 AM »
I use rotary switches on my panels to select the axis and another to select the MPG jog mode (Velocity or Multistep with step size).
The axis selection doesnt need anything other than you set the inputs as OEM triggers then tell Mach the OEM codes for these triggers, for the mode/step size  then you need a brain or macropump.
Hood