Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:59:47 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys 65U and the Yaskawa Control panel/pendant  (Read 26013 times)

Re: Pokeys 65U and the Yaskawa Control panel/pendant
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »
I'm getting in a bit deeper than I probably should at this point.
Best wait for help from more experienced folks.
I would take a look, but don't change anything.
There should be a "Macropump.m1s" file there already, empty or not.
Would be interesting to see what is in it, if anything.

Regards,
Russ

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »
Russ,

No sign of a macro named macropump.m1s in any macro folders in this version- 3.043.067.  I'll try a few things...got lots of profiles and Versions on call.

John.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:32:25 PM by Bloy »

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 06:58:32 PM »
Russ,

What I meant before, several posts back, when I said the MDI button on the pendant works, was that the MDI screen on the mach screen popped up and alowed input.

What the MDI button on the pendant does not do(and never did) is bring up a curser on the LCD for inputting, but it might be able to.

I'll just muddle around in the pokeys plugin configurator and familiarize myself with all the settings and what they do.
I DID manage to switch the directions that the pendant MPG traveled when turned... it was reversed.  But that is really basic...

calling Scott Shafer!

John
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:05:31 PM by Bloy »
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 07:06:12 PM »
He's the man.
Good luck.
That is a pretty pendant, I hope it works out well for you.
I'll keep watching your progress on this cool project.
Bye for now John,
Russ

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Thanks, Russ

I need all the luck I can muster.   I always wanted to get more in-depth with using all the mach codes(properly) and this pendant with Pokeys is a good vehicle to learn the ins and outs(pun intended).   :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:20:56 PM by Bloy »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »
Hey Russ and Bloy,

Just an FYI, I no longer fool with the pokeys, since I left that project and Matt took it over.
I now do my own thing with PIC32's, Psoc, Arduino and Rasberry.
I can help you on the old plugin stuff, but for the new stuff, your gonna have to go with Matt.

Scott
fun times

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 07:37:32 PM »
Hiya Scott!
   Looking at your "old" work with pokeys(and this pendant) I am again amazed by you!

John

P.S.  Okay then...  ;)  calling Matt!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:41:00 PM by Bloy »

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 11:36:18 PM »
Here's something that I noticed in the newest Pokeys software..
when setting the rows and columns in the LCD settings under peripherals, the column setting keeps returning to two(2) after setting it and closing.    I want to have 20 columns, as before, but it won't stick.

Included is a pic of the setting configuration after setting the columns to 20 and closing.  Upon re-opening it the screen save is of what it has reverted back to....2 columns..... the Mach3Plugin configures correctly.

I'm wondering if this is causing the problem of the LCD not working after starting up Mach3 as mentioned and depicted several posts back.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:44:49 PM by Bloy »

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
Turns out that glitch above where the LCD column setting doesn't stick was not my inability to get the LCD working.  
I now have the pendant LCD displaying all three axes position and feedrate. ...and a fourth axis on row 4 for dispalying 0's as it is not active at this time in Mach3.   :)

Now on to customizing the pendant's buttons as I learn more... could be a while though.

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 11:31:57 AM »
Okay, now that I have examined this Yaskawa "panel" pendant now and then over this week, I have learned a bit about it(a little bit).

The latest Mach3 plugin that Pokeys supplies along with their software basically takes care of most functions of the panel, and just three brains handle a few assignments for coordination of the buttons with LEDs, and feedrate override.

I like it!

One anomaly noticed was that the three multiplier buttons that select the jog step increment distance were reversed.  That is, pressing the x1 button actually selected the x100 increment...related to the first three positions within the general configuration of Mach3.  The x10 button was correct.  These three buttons can actually be set to any increment multiplication using the Mach3 configuration.  But to stay with the physical buttons on the panel I needed to do something about that error on the yaskawa panel.

So after some digging, I discovered the three codes in Pokeys that relate to the increment positions of Mach3's configuration....buttons 191,192, and 193.  
I reversed the assignments for 191 and 193.   This got the buttons to select the correct multiplication factor and preserved the Mach3 configuration.
Remember, I'm green at this and want to learn about the Pokeys relationship with Mach3.   It seems very powerfull.

But now another problem popped up.   the LEDs that were associated with the specific button pressed were now opposite... that is, pressing the "handle x1" button lit the "handle x100" button.
So I didn't know what codes refered to the LEDs...what do I do?
Well, I looked into the brains, as previously I knew that the LEDs did not work at all if the brains were not enabled.
Here the LED numbers specific to the panel's increment buttons were discovered...1504, 1505, and 1506.
So I decided to try modifying the brains and switched the 1504 and 1506.  

That did the trick.  The LEDs now followed the button selections and displayed the correct multiplication factor.

Now, After learning the LED code numbers, I was able to find them in the Pokeys Mach3 configuration Plugin and thought I could exchange the 1504 and 1506 in there.  the matrixes of the Keyboard and LEDs align in the same row and column locations.   But for now, I have left the brain modification as the working setup.

This has been a giant leap for me in learning about "mapping?".  But I am still at a loss as to how the LED code numbers were derived.  Looking in the LED code lists makes me think that they were just chosen off-the-cuff and as long as they were directed properly, things should work.

Time for more customizing, as my basic working knowledge has improved slightly and might enable me to alter other configurations to my liking.

I am much interested in getting the MDI button on the yaskawa panel to actually set up the LCD(at least the fourth row) to show a curser and allow code input.  
This would make going back to the keyboard to input unnecessary.   As it is now, The MDI button on the panel simply opens the MDI screen on the Mach3 screen.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:38:57 AM by Bloy »