Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:59 AM

Author Topic: Tool change location problem  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Tool change location problem
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
On your settings page, you have a set of tool change position DROS.  If you change the value in those does it go to a different location when a tool change is called?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 03:31:58 PM »
Brett,

Thanks for getting me to see those buttons on the screen below the menu bar.  I knew I had seen that tool change location somewhere.  I've played around with altering the tool change location, and though I've seen some differences in where the machine goes, the changes in movement are neither in the direction or on the scale of those that I make on the settings page.

Any other ideas?

Glenn

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 03:40:49 PM »
Are the tool change position DROs in machine coordinates and your looking for moves in work coordiantes or vise versa?  If changeing those dros changes the tool change position, you just need to figure out what coordinates the dros are relative to I think.  Could open the screen in Machscreen and find out what the dros really are.

Brett

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »
I believe the DRO positions are machine coordinates, but the machine is moving neither the amount shown or to that machine position.  Think you could tell me how to open the screen in Machscreen?

Glenn

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
I just looked and the 1024 set has those as user defined dros. 1200, 1201 and 1202.  The m6end code you posted is telling the machine to return to the position that the M6 was called  (The default script here moves the tool back to m6start if any movement has occured during the tool change)  .  You can download Machscreen and watch some tutors on it here.  http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/pages/eng/machscreen/description/ms_description.html

Brett

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 03:13:49 PM »
That's what it looked like that code was doing, so at least I'm understanding something.  But it still seems to me that there is nothing telling the machine to go to its tool change location.  Would that be a different code?

The first sentence of you last post, "I just looked and the 1024 set has those as user defined dros. 1200, 1201 and 1202", is gibberish to me.  Is it something useful for me to understand?

Glenn

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »
That's what it looked like that code was doing, so at least I'm understanding something.  But it still seems to me that there is nothing telling the machine to go to its tool change location.  Would that be a different code?

The first sentence of you last post, "I just looked and the 1024 set has those as user defined dros. 1200, 1201 and 1202", is gibberish to me.  Is it something useful for me to understand?

Glenn

Yes, you will need to add some code to do what ever it is you want to do.  Those DRO numbers are where you will get the tool change position from.

Brett