Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:35:49 AM

Author Topic: MK1 Stepper controller plugin?  (Read 16876 times)

MK1 Stepper controller plugin?
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
So here is the deal, I only have a laptop so I see I need a usb stepper controller. I go bargain shopping without even looking at the plugins page. I see a $40 chinese knock off of the mk1 I think to myself thats what I need. Less than a week goes by and there I am opening my brand new stepper controller. It comes with its own gcode interpreter? I cant use that I already have an mpg with mach3 and I love the mill wizard. I dont want to be forced to use a some software that looks like someone wrote the application in like 2 days. I want to use my mach3 software. Problem 1. I cannot return the stepper controller. **********!!!!!!!!! (explicit content) Problem 2 I am not exactly the best computer programmer, I have dont a few easy writes with my arduino but nothing major. Problem 3 I cannot find a plugin already written for this stepper controller. What am I supposed to do? I hope someone can help steer me in the right direction. I have no other choice but to use this stepper controller please help. If your wondering how the circuit is built go to this link and scroll down a little http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-CNC-Controller-Interface-Board-4-Axis-Substitute-MACH3-CNCUSB-MK1-USBCNC-2-1/755250419.html
 Maybe even help me to just use an already made plugin but change the pins possibly. Idk I just know I need serious help. Im a serious newb at making and setting up a cnc machine I can use the ones I work with pretty well so I thought I would give it a shot. And I need to use mach3 because it is about the closest thing to a conversational program that I can find, mach3 mill plugin is anyways. So please help.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: MK1 Stepper controller plugin?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »
You might try to see if the place you got the controller from would write a plug-in to use it with Mach.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »
I would lick my wounds Throw the junk in the trash and start over. This time do a little research on the Mach3 site as to exactly what is supported and BUY from the source listed.

The CNC-USB has NEVER been supported by mach3. BUT IF the board will run on the CNC-USB softwqre you WILL like the Software for CNC use.

Probably can even interface your MPG to it as well.

SO those are your 2 main options.

(;-) TP

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »
I have the imach!!! m-2 MPG and would like to make it interface to cnc-usb for now till I can figure out how to get my controller to work with mach3 just kind of want to be up and running. I am at a point where I really need to test out the motors and I really need the mpg to work as well. I really cant throw the controller away saving up for one that is compatible with mach 3 is expensive might be able to diy it but thats alot of work maybe in the future but for now just need to be running. I can run gcode through either but I think its kind of crappy for planet-cnc to sell these boards with such crappy software. I mean the main screen looks like something a kindergartner drew. If there is a diy cnc usb motion controller out there I will surely look into it. Bout to google it now. However any advice on getting my mpg to work with cnc usb would be great.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:27:07 PM »
Don't know what version of the CNCusb you tried but it is a nice layout and very usefull. Unless you just HAVE to have gameboy graphics on your screen you should give it a try . Their software is capable of things that MAch3 can only dream of having at this point in time.

A far as I know the CNCusb will never run on mach3,  without someone creating a Plugin and I really see no reason to.

IF you need HELP with the pendant I suggest you contact PlanetCNC (;-) THEY are your best option at this point.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »
Sorry I just noticed you bought a knockoff(illegal )copy of the MK1. I would not expect any help from PlanetCNC (;-).

Back to plan 1 toss it and start over, (;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the knock off isnt illegal I dont think that cnc usb has an international patent. However instead of trashing anything I think I will just start on a plugin thats what I originally planned on doing. I was just kind of looking for someone to steer me in the right direction to start one.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »
I think there is an example in the SDK and you may also want to watch the videos.  With the release of Mach 4 right around the corner you might want to wait.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »
I think I may as im sure certain things about mach4 will change as programming often does also I was thinking of maybe making a plugin after i finish my first that adds some conversational programming in the mix. I got a good friend who mightand my cousin too. So hopefully can get this hammered out. First things first learn my c++ language a little bit better. Then I will probably wait for mach4 to comeout..