Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:35:54 PM

Author Topic: couple of bugs I found spacebar feed hold and Imach usb pendant  (Read 4965 times)

when you hit the spacebar for feedhold, it is very slow to respond. I didn't count... but probably 2 seconds.

BUT... when you hit cycle start after feedhold... my A axis starts moving... even though I have no A axis commands in this G code!

I'm using an IMach USB pendant. So far when I jog with the keyboard... everything seems fine.

When I use my IMach USB pendant... small .001" steps seem fine. When I spin the wheel for distance travel... it doesn't stop! I also have to restart Mach to get it to stop! When I hit the estop to stop it from traveling... and then turn estop back on it's like the move is in que and keeps going until Mach is restarted.

I'm using latest ESS driver, latest Imach driver, and Mach .066
Re: couple of bugs I found spacebar feed hold and Imach usb pendant
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
Also, when I click edit gcode nothing happens. Notepad doesn't open up. It's still in the correct spot in the general configs page

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
When you have different hardware like this working together the outcome in unpredictable. The first thing I would do is revert back to Mach .062. Version .066 has a whole bunch of bugs that many folks have noticed.

Depending on how the pendant implemented jogging it may or may not work properly. Some pendants simulate keyboard presses which usually works OK will only work if your screen set is configured properly. If the pendant uses its own plug-in then they way it does things may not work properly with external motion controllers. Best to ask your pendant vendor about that.

When you reinstall Mach make sure only the plug-ins you are using are in the plug-ins folder. Sometimes it help to install the pendant plug in, get it running as though in parallel port mode, then install the plug-in for the motion board (SmoothStepper) this makes sure Mach calls the pendant plug-in first.

You should post this on the Warp9 forum. Greg wrote a special plug-in to record the jog commands that Mach3 sent to the plug-ins so he could diagnose a jogging issue a few weeks ago. Take a look at this thread: http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/7-general-discussion/4843-runaway-axis-returning-from-hit-limit-switch?start=6

The GCode edit problem is unrelated to using the SmoothStepper. I use it all the time with the SmoothStepper and non SmoothStepper equipped machines.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
I think I found the BUG.

The little flyout pendant in Mach... when you have it in step mode it doesn't stop. When in continous mode it works like it should.