Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:45:48 AM

Author Topic: Lockdown (066) and Dev (067) versions, issues  (Read 15739 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Lockdown (066) and Dev (067) versions, issues
« on: February 27, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
Just a warning that the two versions above may  cause problems and personally I would not use them.
The problems include

In Mill, possibly Turn as well

macros not being fully run,
VB Buttons being totally ignored

In Turn

X Wear Offset DRO will double the entry you enter.
DROs often wont accept an entry you make
Also had reports of
threading not working when using the parallel port
Axis ignoring home switches and crashing into end of travels.

I have gone back to 057 on lathe and 056 on mill.

Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Lockdown (066) and Dev (067) versions, issues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:24:01 PM »
Hi Hood - got any repeatable examples? - It's just that I've done a LOT of macro and button development recently using 066 (Mill) and thus far have not had any issues.

The change log is sadly out of date so no clues there.

Cheers

Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »
I have a repeatable macro, every single time I pressed my Ref All button it would do absolutely nothing. I also have a panel button set up to call a custom macro that contains the same code, it will de-ref the axis then nothing, if I press again then it will send the signals to my servos to home.
 Now there could be a few things at play here, first is the VB is calling Modbus outputs, second is I am using the Smoothstepper thus a motion plugin is involved, third is I am using the MachMad plugin to call the macro from the external button.
 Normally I would really delve into the issues and try and isolate exactly where the issue lies so that Brian has an easier job tracking things down. However as Brian didnt show any interest in a previous issues I have recently reported then I have decided not to waste my time looking and just return to an older version.
 I suspect it may be some interaction with the plugin interface as I have had several reports of macros screwing up and all of them have been using external controllers.

Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »
As Stirling would say "They be Dragons in them versions". The problems go much deeper than just that. I had hoped that Mach3 would have been cleaned up by now, BUT????

Now I can say that some corrections and additions to Mach3 have worked well in later versions.

NOW macros are worse than ever about jumping out of thread sequence.

ToolComp is about useless IF you want to climb mill.  SOmewhere along the line TC took a serious hit.

(;-) TP

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
Normally I would really delve into the issues and try and isolate exactly where the issue lies so that Brian has an easier job tracking things down. However as Brian didnt show any interest in a previous issues I have recently reported then I have decided not to waste my time looking and just return to an older version.
Hood

This is the sad part. They seem to be not interested anymore in providing support for Mach3. I feel like being forced to move to Mach4 (assuming it will eventually show up) - and not from my free will or choice. That's a shame considering there are only a handful of bugs that if were removed could make Mach3 a perfect program.

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:26:40 AM »
Personally I would have preferred Mach 3 to have stopped development fully, at least until Mach 4 was out and working well, except for serious bug fixes of course.
These latest things, especially the Turn ones are clearly new bugs as they are only present in the latest versions.
Sad thing is some get sorted, others dont, it seems if its an issue with Mill it will likely get sorted, if its a new, introduced, issue with Turn then no chance of it getting looked at it would seem.

Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »
Same here. Don't want any development, just want the bugs fixed. And you are right about Turn :(

Dan
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:54 AM »
I've noticed that under .066 my ref all home button doesnt fully function either, I have an x offset in my homing sequence and the while ismoving /wend then my x move to 0 doesnt execute.

I reverted back to .062 to get it to work again. is this my best alternative or is there a more stable release?

John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
I use 056 but probably 062 will be fine, it just seems to be lockdown and dev versions that have real problems.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »
AH but for those that the Dev version FIXED some things they cannot go back. I have been stuck with this catch22 MANY TIMES in the past.

Where were yall when I was arguing this in the past FIX the BUGS in mach3 "BEFORE" you make MAch4 a priority. (;-)

TOO LATE, (;-) TP