Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:28:40 AM

Author Topic: Homing Sequence  (Read 14296 times)

Offline QSRP

•  10 10
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Sequence
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »
So I got home today and got 3 extra switches out and wired them all in series.  I did it this way because it was easier to access these than the ones on the machine.  After I wired them, I connected all 3 axis to Pin #10.

Once I did this, I then configured all three except for the enables.  I wanted to try one axis at a time so I enabled each one, tested and then to the next switch.  Once I saw that all 3 worked separately, I then enabled all 3 and tested them all with all 3 enabled.  Everything worked fine.

From here I centered my Z, X &Y and turned on the power to the controller.  By the axis being in their middles, if anything went wrong I knew I could get everything stopped before a crash.

Now I hit the Ref All Home and the Z axis started homing in the correct direction.  I tripped the first switch and the Z axis stopped and reversed direction until I released the switch.

Right after I released the switch, the x started and then stopped and the Y then started and stopped.  This all happened without me tripping any switches except the first one.  So I went in to the General Config and put in a Debounce Interval of 2000.

Now I hit the Ref All Home again and the Z axis started homing in the correct direction.  I tripped the first switch and the Z axis stopped and reversed direction until I released the switch.

After the Z axis homed and Zeroed, then the X axis started to home and it too was going in the correct direction.  I then tripped the second switch and the X axis stopped and reversed direction until I released the switch.

So far so good.  Now that the X axis homed the Y axis started homing and it is going in the correct direction as well.  Again I tripped the third switch and the Y axis stopped and reversed direction until I released the switch.  It too zeroed.

I also forgot to mention I am running the Version R3.043.066 and I went into the VB Ref All Home and changed the Homing sequence.  I got the Debounce Interval down to 250 right now and will try to go lower once I have rewired the switches on the machine.

So everything seems to be working now and I want to thank both of you for your help and advise.

Pat

Offline QSRP

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
I have one other question.  What size wire should be used for these switches?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 07:59:23 PM »
The size wire all depends on the current the circuit they are hooked to has to handle.  If your just wiring the limits to a BOB or parallel port, and they aren't carry any load, which I don't think they will, they can be tiny, 24-22 gauge and probably much smaller.  I try to use 16 Ga but some connectors aren't big enough for it.  It would be best to wire them with shielded cables.  Good shielded cat 5 or cat would probably work but I have no idea how its wired so take that with a grain of salt.  Good your making progress.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!