Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:32 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3/cnc Stopping... Need help!  (Read 2592 times)

Mach 3/cnc Stopping... Need help!
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »
Hi guys,
  I'm new here to the forum and hoping for some help. My machine for the most part runs great but very randomly it will just stop right in the middle of a toolpath and the "Reset" but will be blinking. It makes me click the "Reset" button then "Start" and the machine will start moving again but it tears into the piece I'm working on. I'm guessing cause the g-code is still running and then when it starts it is further down. I hope this makes sense. I have rewired my machine with shielded wires and while it seems it is better then it was before replacing the wires it still randomly does this and I would really like to fix this issue. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys! :)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3/cnc Stopping... Need help!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:07 PM »
What message is being displayed in the status bar when it does this?  What is your debounce set to in general config?  Are you using a smooth stepper or parallel port?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
Hi Brett,
  I am kind of new at this but have kinda been just dealing with this problem and now I just can't take it anymore as it is ruining some expensive wood etc. I didn't take a look at the status bar when this happened. I know... stupid. I am not even really sure what the debounce is or where it should be set. And again.. How can I tell if I am using a smooth stepper or a parallel port? I'm sorry I don't mean to sound stupid. I am just not completely sure. By the way.. My machine is the 3020 cnc. Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated!

What message is being displayed in the status bar when it does this?  What is your debounce set to in general config?  Are you using a smooth stepper or parallel port?

Brett

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »
I would set the debounce to 2000 to start with, this is the debounce interval.  Index debounce is for the spindle index signal.  They both need to be set as low as possible and in a perfect world they would be set to 0.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!