Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:34:00 PM

Author Topic: Moving Mach 3 to a new computer  (Read 7101 times)

Moving Mach 3 to a new computer
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »
Is there an XML file or some other file I can copy from the old computer and paste to the new computer that will "migrate" all my settings and pin designations (home, limit, touch probe, etc sw's)?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Mach 3 to a new computer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
Yes, the xml file has all of your settings.  I would copy the whole mach 3 folder and save it, preferable on an external thumb drive.  You may have other things in it you need such a licenses files, screen sets, macros, brains, etc.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »
What's the ACTUAL name of the XML folder I should copy and paste? I see one named "MachXML" whose properties say it's an Allpication. Is that the one? Or is it the one named Mach3Mill whose properties say it's an XML document? "Mach3Mill" is  also the name of the "shortcut" I use to launch Mach 3.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »
What's the ACTUAL name of the XML folder I should copy and paste? I see one named "MachXML" whose properties say it's an Allpication. Is that the one? Or is it the one named Mach3Mill whose properties say it's an XML document? "Mach3Mill" is  also the name of the "shortcut" I use to launch Mach 3.

The one named Mach3Mill whose properties say it's an XML

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!