Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:53:28 AM

Author Topic: MODBUS setup tutorial  (Read 4976 times)

MODBUS setup tutorial
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »
Not to spam this forum, but I see a lot people asking about setting up MODBUS with an Arduino. I could not find good information that covered both hardware and software. So after I fought with getting to work I created a quick blog post to help explain how to set it up. I cover a connection with a C-more HMI, but the basics translate while to this.
http://krakllc.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/arduino-modbus-connection-to-a-c-more-hmi/
Re: MODBUS setup tutorial
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »
Do you know if C-more can connect directly to a com port on the MachMotion controller, and turn on outputs on the Apollo board and such? We want to use the C-more touch panel for operator interface instead of having a keyboard-monitor-mouse setup.  I know we can go through a PLC first and then to the control, but would like to simplify things by going directly from C-more to Machmotion control. Thanks 
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
I would have to assume that there is a way to make this connection. However I do not have the hardware handy to be able to verify that. But looking at general information provided at http://machmotion.com/ It appears that the controller is a full fledged PC. So I would assume that you could setup a serial connection between the PC and the C-more. I've never had a need to do that, and I don't see any reason why it can't be done.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
Ok, thanks, going to give it a try through the ethernet ports when we get that far.  Was working with a base model c-more at first, which does not have ethernet, and was researching the USP ports(c-more has a type A and a type B USP port), or possibly the 15 pin serial port, but now that we have a full feature c-more handy which has an ethernet port I am going to try ethernet to ethernet.