Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:30:17 PM

Author Topic: spindle relay  (Read 3807 times)

Offline rhys

•  10 10
    • View Profile
spindle relay
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:48 AM »
Hello All,
 I am having trouble setting up my spindle relay. A simple on/off relay using Mach3 to control. My configuration is set up as:
Relay control: box unchecked
M3: Output 1
M4: Output 1

Output signals
Output 1: Enabled
Port: 1
Pin: 1

Relay,(Solid State SSRT-240D25) connected to pin 1 and ground, on the C10- parallel port interface card.
The only way to turn on the relay is to turn on is to switch to Active Low under Output signals tab but then never turns back off, unless i switch it to be Active hi..then it never comes on..

Note: the output light and the dwell light come on and act normally as if everything is normal.. but my relay never switches..
Looking for some help.
Thanks in advance

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: spindle relay
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:09:48 PM »
Hi Rhys,

Obviously, if you are connecting your relay between Pin 1 and GND and using Output#1 for the switching then this Output# has to be configured for Active High (as you have in fact done).

The only thing I can suggest is that you check your Mach3, Ports & Pins configuration to make sure you have not used Pin 1 anywhere else (for any other functions) and created a conflict.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline rhys

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 07:24:46 PM »
thank you so much Tweakie,
It is working now. I did nothing but restart the computer. Are you suposted to shut down the computer and restart it after making these changes? Last night, i shut down the program (Mach 3) and restarted it but that didnt help.
Any way thanks for replying.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:58:26 AM »
Hi Rhys,

That's good news, I am pleased that you have got it working OK.

(It's possible that Pin 1 of the LPT parallel port somehow got hung up and was not toggling on / off then restarting the PC cured the problem).

Tweakie.
PEACE