Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:48:24 AM

Author Topic: motion controllers working with Mach3  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: motion controllers working with Mach3
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »
Ray, that is the thing that always put me off but I didnt realise that it was almost anything you wanted to connect that needed it, I thought it would just be more complex things.
 Yes I have seen Tom being very good with support in the past, used to follow his Yahoo group a year or two back when I was looking at maybe getting one.
 The thing however is when/if the numbers of people using them gets very large then one man could not possibly keep up the excellent support that he does at present. Likely a lot of the users would be willing to help out, just like the ones here but it does seem a lot more involved.

Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:10:40 PM »
Ray are you saying that the MACH3 plugin for the Kflop does not work correctly?

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
Ray are you saying that the MACH3 plugin for the Kflop does not work correctly?

(;-) TP

Terry,

No not at all.  The plug-in works just fine, but it has most of the same limitations as KMotionCNC.  You still have to do a fair amount of programming, unless your machine is very simple.  You still have to write code for limits, homing, probing, pendants, etc.  Now, the same code can be used for both Mach3 and KMotionCNC.  In fact, I set mine up so I can use the same code for Mach3, KMotionCNC and my own custom controller app.  Personally, if someone buys a KFlop, I don't know why they'd choose to use Mach3.  KMotionCNC will do all the basic stuf, and it is absolutely 100% rock solid.  You can even zoom, pan, and rotate the toolpath display to your hearts content, work on CAD/CAM or play AngryBirds WHILE the machine is running, unlike with Mach3.  It doesn't have all  the Mach3 bells and whistles, but presumably one goes to KFlop for stability more than anything else, no?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
I guess I will have to work around what I have, I'm just playing with it and I wouldn't want to put it out in the field.
Still have 2 USB RU LCD  shuttle  MPG"s from Russia, can't get the outer ring to change from jog to increase up to rapid, works with Mach3 no problem but not with Vital systems unit, gave Rufi the source code he said it should work.
Now testing my g76 threading using the wizard. 4" long .050 pitch, put in Rufi's magic M codes before and after G76, for the first 3" the feed rate shows .030"/rev and for the last 1" it shows .050"/rev, checked the thread and I get 26TPI? Now this is a demo version of mach3, Rufi said it didn't matter, hope it's just not my head spinning, take a break...