Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:01:18 AM

Author Topic: Special code for threading?  (Read 13365 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Special code for threading?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
I often suffer from that as well ;D

Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 10:15:53 PM »
This is what his manual says:
Mach3 Threading Bug Workaround:
DSPMC plugin uses LED 1370 to workaround threading logic problem with mach3.
Well, I have a problem right here with the claim that there is a threading bug. I have been threading with G76 for a couple of years now. No problems, and the result matches good taps and dies.

This will cause the programmed RPM +20% to be sent to Mach3 instead of true RPM during the threading cycle. This makes sure mach3 will generate correct feedrate for Z axis. Once this LED is off, true RPM will be shown on mach3 spindle rpm DRO.
F a s c i n a t i n g . . .
Given that Mach3 drives X & Z axes synchronously for threading, I am not sure difference 20% in spindle speed will make. None at all would be my guess.
Equally, I find the idea of causing ' the programmed RPM +20% to be sent to Mach3' slightly incomprehensible.

I wonder whether the author of the comments has got the sync check box ticked in Mach?
Or am I just not with it?

Cheers

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:15 AM »
Could it be something to do with how the DSPMC handles threading?
It could be the DSPMC works by buffering the threading move, hence the 20% spindle increase to fool Mach into supplying a buffered feed.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 01:46:08 PM »
What is LED1370? I find it a pain using half the mach parameters and half DSPMC parameters to make stuff work, I just don't understand what they are saying buy turning something on and off again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 02:15:03 PM »
it is a user LED that they are looking for, they have decided they must see that for some reason. What that reaon is I have no idea, you would have to ask them.
Hood

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:38 PM »
I called them and I have become a drag and I can't waste any more of there time, as I said to them I did post it on the DSPMC part of the forum but they didn't reply. I've only called about 3 times in the last month or so, just need answers, you read the part in the manual, they say mach3 has a bug, you guys say not. I wanted to use more than one MPG, they said wait until Mach4 comes out now I find out it's DSPMC can can only handle 1 MPG.
He did offer me my money back for the unit $1500.0 just might take him up on that.
Ray.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
He did offer me my money back for the unit $1500.0 just might take him up on that.
What an excellent idea.

Cheers

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »
Sorry "rcaffin" could you explain?
So after a slightly heated phone call with Vital systems they sent me this:
Attached are two files you copy to c:\\Mach3\macros\Mach3Mill.  

Make sure you are using mach3mill profile.

You can then write your gcode like this:

M1370
Threading gcode ….
M1371

This will turn on and off led 1370 at proper place.

I assume all you mach3 users don't use this function.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
Ray you are using an outside controller with Mach3 as the front end. THis has ALWAYS been trouble as the Hardware and software never seem to see it eye to eye as HOW to run functions properly.

It is NOT a Mach3 problem as I see it.  AND I don't really see it getting any better UNTIL Mach3 builds its OWN controller that does ALL the functions that the software is capable of.

THAT is why most of us stick to the old LPT port. For the most part it does exactly what the software is capable of. Most outside controllers are a compromise.

AND as a side note Mach3 is NOT a Fanuc (;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
Why would you use a mill profile if it is a lathe? Something seems strange about that, is that the normal way in the DSMPC for a lathe? If it is then that will be why they can not do threading as a mill profile does not do threading.
Hood