Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:48:05 AM

Author Topic: lazyturn does not post code  (Read 7607 times)

lazyturn does not post code
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:44:18 PM »
I am trying Lazyturn for the first time, but I do not get any gcode out. When I hit the "PST" button, the dialog opens, allowing me to enter comments. Hitting the post button brings up an empty file in notepad (Also empty file on disk), not even my comments show up.
Everything else works, imports dxf's, creates and simulates cuts. (Looks like it does a very good job).
Lazyturn Version 1.1, Licensed Mach3 - All in Diameter mode and Metric.
Re: lazyturn does not post code
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »
Just an update on the above.
Installed lazyturn on a computer running XP (my lathe computer), and without any other changes, it now works. Must be a windows7 thing.

However, now it posts code, with the same setup, the roughing cut is correctly in diameter mode, but the finish cut is in radius mode ???

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:59:51 AM »
I don't use W7 but the following link may be of help.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5767.msg96891.html#msg96891

Can't recall any problem relative to code posting for both radius and dia mode.
Try again, make sure the DXF is drawn for dia, LT is in dia mode, and Mach config is set for dia mode; ie; keep the same mode from beginning to end of the process.

Let me know how it works out.

RICH
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:23:14 AM »
 :)G'day Rich, and thank you for the response.

Solved the W7 thing by running in XP SP3 compatibility mode (should have remembered that) - now I don't need to go to the garage (Lathe computer) to post code.

The answer to the posts roughing cuts for dia mode and finish cuts for radius mode (all set for dia) was in another subject on this forum.
The clue was the code header - Incorrect version showing "LAZYTURN ALPHA 1.1" not "LAZYTURN RELEASE 1.1" as the correct version displays.
Downloaded the correct version from the link and everything works.

And I have to say worked well, so easy to use. The part was run on my lathe and came out looking very good, hardly even needing a polish. Considering the large radius on the end, all done with G1 only (no G2/G3) I would have to say - I am not missing G2/G3 at all, G1 will do nicely.

The posted code did need a little touching up in places, If it helps improve Lazyturn see comments below.
1) Code had 2 line numbers on a few lines (rejected by Mach3).
2) The coded diameters were larger than drawn  (fixed manually where important).
3) The addition of a checkbox to enable selection M3 or M4 in with the tool definition would help those of us with funny lathes that run counter clockwise (Boxford 125TCL).
    Used in the posted code on restart after a tool change, instead of the assumed M3.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Glad you got it working and thanks for the comments. I doubt that LT will be updated and will probably remain as it currently is.
1) is known and oe will just need to manualy deal with it
2) Not sure about that one
3) Just need to manualy modify when you review the code

Have Fun,
RICH